|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.|
|Villain Type:||General (Mercenary)|
|First Appearance:||The Lost Galactabeasts|
|Last Appearance:||Journey's End|
|Number of Episode|
Full list of appearances
|Deviot (after Keonta Spell)|
Deviot is the third and final general of Scorpius (and later Trakeena), but also a betrayer. He was responsible for Scorpius's death and had tried to kill Trakeena. He was voiced by late Bob Papenbrook.
Deviot was a treacherous robotic alien who sought the power of Scorpius's cocoon which had previously been created for Trakeena who had since fled. As a gift to show his loyalty, Deviot brought in three Galactabeasts that he had transformed into war Zords and used them to attack Terra Venture. The Galaxy Rangers would restore these Galactabeasts to the side of good, but it would be only the beginning of Deviot's treachery as he continued to serve Scorpius while biding his time for a takeover.
Deviot later arranged for Scorpius to be destroyed by telling him that the Rangers had his daughter captive. As anticipated, Scorpius was mortally wounded by the Rangers and was about to give Deviot the cocoon when Trakeena returned to see her father one last time. In his dying breath, Scorpius would instead leave everything in his galactic empire to Trakeena, infuriating Deviot to no end.
Now serving Trakeena and with the cocoon locked up in storage (as she felt she didn't need it), Deviot secretly arranged for assassination attempts on her while feigning loyalty. His duplicitous nature caused him to clash with Villamax, who proved to be his complete moral opposite in that he stayed loyal to Trakeena and honored any agreements he made. In his battles, Deviot also developed a strong hatred toward Maya, the Yellow Galaxy Ranger, and would often attack her first during battle.
After continuous failures, Deviot saw the chance he'd been waiting for to get the power he desired so badly and abandoned Trakeena in order to steal the legendary Galaxy Book, and used its power to mutate. He was defeated and was stranded in the Lost Galaxy. After regaining his strength and his old form, Deviot joined forces with Captain Mutiny.
Upon escaping the Lost Galaxy, Deviot returned to the Scorpion Stinger claiming that he had been taken prisoner by Captain Mutiny. However, Trakeena had since been informed of Deviot's true nature and ordered Villamax to destroy him. As a final gambit, he attempted to enter the cocoon, but Villamax's resistance forced him to grab Trakeena and drag her into the cocoon with him. However, this destroys Deviot as his body is absorbed into Trakeena's. Though she gains some of his physical traits, such as his laser-gauntlets and his echoed voice, Trakeena's sanity is completely destroyed due to her fusion with Deviot's mind. His mental and physical influence is later purged from Trakeena's body when she enters the cocoon again and fully transforms.
Deviot shared many characteristics with Darkonda: both were treacherous and deceptive, out for their own gain, but Darkonda cared for no one else while deviot was willing to share power with Captain Mutiny. Though boastful and proud, Deviot was quick to show cowardice when he found himself on the losing end of a fight.
- The name "Deviot" is derived from the word 'devious'.
- Deviot's mutated form would go on to be reused in at least two Power Rangers seasons after Lost Galaxy:
- Deviot has a rivalry with the Yellow Ranger (just like in the Gingaman footage when you see Ginga Yellow battle with him).
- Deviot's familiar reference to the Psycho Rangers as "old friends" has led some to believe he is a prior acquaintance of theirs though they show no signs of recognizing him. It is not known how he got the data cards containing them in the first place, since Astronema had them the last time they were seen in In Space.
- It is also questionable on how Deviot survived the explosion on Captain Mutiny's ship after Trakeena destroyed it with him on it.
- Deviot is the only villain in Lost Galaxy who served as a member of both of the major villain groups.
- In Power Rangers S.P.D., the costume of Deviot was reused for a scene in Dogged.