|This article is about a/an villain in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger.|
Destruction Messenger Jannu (破壊の使徒ジャンヌ Hakai no Shito Jannu?, 2-32) is a female warrior who was bent on destruction. She has an unknown grudge towards Asuka and the third to wield the cursed armor. In battle she usually fought with her longsword.
Mahoro (マホロ Mahoro?): It is eventually revealed in Ep 31 that she is Mahoro, Asuka's wife from Dino Earth. In the battle at Evolien Palace, Dezumozorlya brainwashed her in to believing that Asuka has betrayed her and went with another woman. She was filled with hatred and Dezumozorlya then implanted his DNA into her child, which was unknown to both Asuka and Mahoro. Her child's soul separated into Lije and Kasumi, but only Lije's half was controlled.
After the explosion of the second Anamolicarus, Jannu was restored to her original self thanks to Asuka's sacrifice of wearing the Cursed Armor once more. Although the Abarangers found her and figured out who she was, Mahoro had lost her memory and worked in the Dino House, befriending the Abarangers and their allies (including bonding with Mai when they and Emiri were once trapped in an elevator ), until her memory came back after learning that Asuka had the Cursed Armor. This forced Mahoro to re-assume her Evolien identity as Jannu to free Asuka from the armor (though she is no longer under Dezumozorlya's influence like she was before).
After that, Mahoro helped the Abarangers in secret until Dezumozorlya learned of her treachery. In the end, Mahoro was able to relinquish her guilt as she was rescued by both Asuka and Ranru Itsuki and was able to return with Asuka to Dino Earth to start their lives anew
During the Final Episode, a family that resembles Asuka, Mahoro and Lije entered the Dino Curry much to the Abaranger's surprise.
She returned to Earth during the ending of Dekaranger vs. Abaranger to join the party.
Jannu was the third and final person to wield the Cursed Armor which she inherited after killing Geildon. At first she had trouble wielding it, which occasionally led to injury and she personally attacked Asuka, with the intent of learning how to use it. As she continued wielding the armor, she became obsessive with revenge against Asuka. After Asuka learned that Mahoro is Jannu, he chose to defeat her and take back the armor to save her.
- In the Dino Thunder episode Lost & Found in Translation, she was named "Missy".
- Her name is based on Jeanne D'Arc (ジャンヌ・ダルク Jannu Daruku?)
- Her counterpart from Dino Thunder Elsa uses her sword as part of her costume.
- Her Power Ranger counterpart was originally intended to be a brainwashed Katherine Hillard, but actress Catherine Sutherland's pregnancy prevented her casting, resulting in the creation of Elsa and Zeltrax.
- Elsa - Power Rangers counterpart in Dino Thunder. See comparison page.
- Zeltrax - Power Rangers counterpart in Dino Thunder. See comparison page. (Cursed Armor form)