|This article is about a/an villain in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.|
Dereputa of the Meteor (流星のデレプタ, Ryūsei no Dereputa, 1-12, 16) is a Zutinmanian (ズティンマ星人, Zutinma Seijin) who is the combat commander of Warstar and one of Great King Mons Drake's top commanders, following a warrior's code.
His signature attack is Meteor Bullet (流星弾, Ryūseidan), using his bladed forearms to unlease an energy blast.
He was the one who destroyed Heaven's Tower when Warstar began its invasion on Earth, thus becoming Gosei Red's nemesis after severely injuring his forearm in their initial confrontation. However, when Mons Drake pushes his plans forward, Dereputa is seemingly destroyed by Hyper Gosei Great.
However, discarding his breastplate with a scar on his chest from the attack, Dereputa came to the realization of acting on his own to prove his superiority. After Mons Drake's demise, Dereputa resurfaces to settle things with Gosei Red while attacking his teammates to ensure no interference. Though finally defeated, Dereputa unknowingly releases the Yuumajuu.
- Height:211 cm (52.7 m:Giant)
- Weight:185 kg (462.5 t:Giant)
Behind the scenes
- Movie Reference: Dereputa's name is derieved from the Predator (プレデター, Puredetā) franchise.
- The Predators of the franchise are big game hunters who travel to other planets to hunt that race as game; best seen in Dereputa's final episode where he hunts the Goseiger in a similar manner.
- In a weird coincidence, a villain based on the Predator brings to full circle the connection to Super Sentai, due to the Predator originally taking some design influence from Adjutant Booba of Changeman
- Dereputa's species is "Mantis" (マンティス, Mantisu) with the first and last kana switching places and the "su" kana becoming accented.
- Dereputa is voiced by Rikiya Koyama. Koyama is known for his role as Joe the Haze in Kamen Rider Black RX.