|This article is about a/an actor in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
|Born||January 7, 1969|
|Born in||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
|Role(s)||Billy Cranston and William|
David Yost (born January 7, 1969 in Council Bluffs, Iowa) is an American actor. He is best known for playing Billy Cranston in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1993–1996) and Power Rangers Zeo (1996). He currently lives in Montecito, California.
Yost reprised his role as Billy in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, which is set in a different continuity from the main series. In addition, he played Cranston's ancestor, William in the 2-part episode "Wild West Rangers".
In August 2010, Yost officially came out publicly as gay. He revealed that the true reason he quit Power Rangers Zeo was over constant harassment over his sexuality that occurred for years on set from the crew, directors, writers and even producers.As a result, he had no involvement in how his character was written out nor did he know until years later. Shortly after this interview, producer Scott Page-Pagter stated that Yost left over a pay dispute and that the allegations of homophobia are false; he added that Yost did not get along with any of the crew.
In August 2012, he attended Power Morphicon, a Power Rangers fan convention, hosting his own personal panel, as well as afterwards autographing several pieces of memorabilia to raise money on behalf of the Trevor Project. During the panel, several of his former co-stars came up and gave him a warm welcome in support of him.
- Power Rangers: Zeo (1996) - Billy Cranston
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1993–1996) - Billy Cranston, William
- Day of the Dumpster (original version) - Billy Cranston
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder
- The Lost Episode (1999)
- Power Rangers Zeo
- Masked Rider
- Super Gold (1996 VHS Release only)
- Lord Zedd's Monster Heads: The Greatest Villains of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1995)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Stupid: The Misadventures of Bulk and Skull (1995)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Sega CD) (1995)
- David Yost is the oldest of the six original Ranger actors, being 23 years old during filming of the first season of MMPR and 24 by the time it premiered.
- He was the only cast member who appeared in every episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
- He received a B.A. in Communications at Graceland University.
- Yost auditioned for the role of Jason Lee Scott and even won the role. However, Yost felt that he would not be able to cope with the role of the leader and the role was passed on to Austin St. John.
- David Yost at Wikipedia.
- David Yost's Twitter
- David Yost Interview by No Pink Spandex
- David Yost at tv.com
- David Yost at imdb.com