|This article is about a/an ranger in Himitsu Sentai Gorenger.|
- ―Kirenger's roll call[src]
Daigoro Kumano (熊野 大五郎 Kumano Daigorō?) was the ultimately temporary replacement for Daita Oiwa as Kirenger (キレンジャー Ki Renjā?, Yellow Ranger) of the Gorengers with the designation number "3". He served with the team until his tragic death at the hands of a Black Cross Army Masked Monster.
Having shown excellent results in EAGLE's reserve troops, Daigoro Kumano was brought in as a replacement Kirenger, his predecessor Daita Oiwa having been reassigned as a commander for EAGLE's Kyushu branch. He was introduced to the Gorengers by Gonpachi Edogawa while they were being briefed on the Bacterial Gas Z that was recently employed by the Black Cross Army. His first mission got off to a difficult start; his initial attempt at transformation failed before he calmed his mind and focused. While he demonstrated strength matching his predecessor in fighting the Zolders, Daigoro underestimated Big Ear Mask as he attempted to engage her by himself only to get throttled by her hair whip before being saved by Midorenger. However, he soon got to grips as being part of Gorenger; together the team successfully infiltrated and destroyed the Black Cross' base as well as their blimp Tutankhamen before it could be used to spread the bacterium across the world. Catching up with Big Ear Mask, the Gorengers stopped her from using remaining bacterium to wipe out Tokyo as they destroyed her using the Gorenger Hurricane ear plug.
Catching word that the Black Cross Army had set up a secret missile base in Shikoku, the Gorengers secretly headed for the island onboard the cruise ship Sunflower. With the Gorengers discovering a suspicious woman with a man who was identified by Intelligence as illegal weapons dealer Ken Ito, Daigoro was sent by Tsuyoshi Kaijo to tail the pair alongside Yoko Katou. Later, alongside Aorenger, Kirenger caught up with the others as they confronted the Black Cross Army. After defeating the Black Cross Army at Shikoku, the Gorengers boarded Varidreen to destroy the Black Cross Army's missile before catching up with Steel Sword Dragon, whom they defeated with the Gorenger Bomb Hurricane.
Tragically, Daigoro Kumano died having been mortally wounded by Can Opener Mask, who stabbed him in the stomach with his Can Opener Cutter. In light of this, Daita Oiwa was brought back to the team as Kirenger.
Video game appearances
Super Sentai Battle Dice O
- Daita Ooiwa/Daigorou Kumamo/Kirenger: A warrior of prided superhuman strength that originates from EAGLE's Kyushu branch. He loves curry rice and many times has eaten 6 large bowls of curry. He fights armed with the Ki Sticker, a staff that can change its tip with an ever-changing appearance.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
Kirenger is among the vast pantheon of Rangers who feature in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
Kirenger wears a yellow spandex-like suit with three red "V" shapes across his chest. He wears black boots and gloves. His uniform also sports a pinup collar, a yellow cape, and a black belt with the team's "5" symbol as a belt buckle. His helmet is yellow with a black, oblong visor and a silver "3" on the forehead.
Behind the scenes
Daigoro Kumano was portrayed by Jiro Daruma. As Kirenger, he had several suit actors: Kōji Ueda (Episodes 55-60), and Yutaka Takebe (Episodes 61-67). Jiro Daruma himself also did some action as Kirenger in episode 67.
- Daigoro is the first Sentai Warrior to replace an original member of the team.
- He is also the first Sentai Warrior to die.
- He is also the first temporary replacement to have his powers transferred due to death.
- He is the first Sentai main team member to have the shortest tenure of his team, at only thirteen episodes. Others include Mika Koizumi from Choudenshi Bioman who only lasted ten episodes. Coincidentally, they were both Yellow Sentai Warriors who died.
- Daigoro is similar to Aisha Campbell in that both were replacements for the yellow rangers on their respective teams. The only difference is that Aisha stayed the yellow ranger, and was not killed.
- He shares his first name with Daigoro Oume (DenziBlue) of Denshi Sentai Denziman.
- Aisha Campbell - The first replacement Yellow Power Ranger
- Rocky DeSantos - The first replacement for a male Power Ranger.
- Kendrix Morgan - First Power Ranger to die while active as a ranger.