|This article is about a/an evil ranger in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger .|
Ferocious Knight D (獰猛の戦騎D Dōmō no Senki Dī), also known as Deathryuger (デスリュウジャー Desuryūjā) is the main antagonist of the Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger: Gaburincho of Music. He was the partner of Zyudenryu Tobaspino, only because he forced Tobaspino to forge a partnership with him.
Gaburincho of Music
One of the Deboth Army's first Knights, D wreaked havoc on ancient Earth. He fought against Torin and the Zyudenryu in the past. Attempted to control Tobaspino to wipe out the rest of the dinosaurs by driving it insane, Meeko's ancestor rose up and quelled Tobaspino's rampage and bloodlust. Tobaspino then defeated D with a stomp as both fell into a deep slumber. Reawakening in the present by Chaos and given fake Kyoryuger powers with the Deathryuger Zyudenchi, D now seeks revenge and plots to wipe out all life on Earth.
He appears and kidnaps Mikoto Amano. Deathryuger's goal is to use Meeko's voice and the secret legendary Zyudenchi, #00, to take control of Tobaspino once again while cutting his ties to the Deboth Army. However, after being knocked out of SpinoDai-Oh, D falls to his death after being mortally wounded by Kyoryu Red Double Armed On.
The Return of the Ferocious Knight
D eventually returns without his Deathryuger powers but overwhelmed with new powers he gained from the Darkness of the Land and armed with the War Spear-Sword, wearing the AceCape. He finds himself needing drinks of Restoration Water to keep himself in check. D had also escaped from the Darkness of the Land and orchestrates a scheme to use Mikoto's singing voice to raise an army of the dead to conquer the world. When the Kyoryugers foil his plans, D enlarges himself to destroy the world before he is hindered by Mikoto's singing as Spinodai-Oh destroys him.
Video Game appearances
Super Sentai Battle Base
Deathryuger is among the vast pantheon of Rangers which are available in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
- Height: 198 cm (49.5 m: giant)
- Weight: 172 kg kg (425.0 t: giant)
- Powers and Abilities
- Ferocity Empowerment
- As one of the Deboth Knights, D can empower himself with human anger, making him similar to Raging Knight Dogold and Resentful Knight Endolf.
- Corruption Inducement
- D was somehow shown to be able to corrupt Zyudenryu Tobaspino and Meeko on his own.
- Restoration Water Generation
- D can summon the restoration water on his own to grew himself.
- War Spear-Sword (ウォー槍刀 Wōsōdō): his personal sword that he manifested from his body during his fight with Kyoryu Red, Pink, and Violet after coming from the Darkness of the Land. Used for Final Movement Deboss Finish (最終楽章デーボスフィニッシュ Saishū Gakushō Dēbosu Finisshu).
- AceCape (エースケープ Ēsukēpu)
- MoBuckle: Zyudenchi storing belt and communicator.
- D - Deathryuger: Main battery-like device used by Deathryuger. Used for finishers with the Flute Buster.
- 00 - Tobaspino: Battery-like device that D uses to steal Meeko's voice and summon Tobaspino.
- Flute Buster: Main Weapon. Doubles as instrument to control and/or summon Tobaspino. Inserting the D Zyudenchi into the Flute Buster allows Deathryuger to perform the Demon Movement Deboss Finish (魔楽章デーボスフィニッシュ Ma Gakushō Dēbosu Finisshu) or Final Movement Deboss Finish (最終楽章デーボスフィニッシュ Saishū Gakushō Dēbosu Finisshu).
- D-Racer: Personal motorcycle.
- Zyudenryu #00: Tobaspino
The Deathryuger Ranger Key (デスリュウジャーレンジャーキー Desuryūjā Renjā Kī) is a Kyoryuger Ranger Key released as part of a set Deboth Ranger Keys in a Bandai Premium set. It is unknown if it will appear in a future crossover. Of course as with all Ranger Keys, should it exist, it would be able to transform one, i.e. one of the Gokaigers, into Deathryuger.
Behind the scenes
- Deathryuger is voiced by Mamoru Miyano (宮野 真守 Miyano Mamoru). He previously voiced Ultraman Zero in various Ultraman movies and was well-known to voice as Light Yagami from Death Note and Cinque Izumi, the main protagonist of Dog Days series.
- As Deathryuger, his suit actor is Yugo Fujii (藤井 祐伍 Fujii Yūgo).
- As Ferocious Knight D in episode 39, his suit actor is Keizo Yabe.
Talon Ranger is a concept that was conceived with Power Rangers Dino Charge. The morph call of the Ranger is featured in the Dino Charge Morpher toys when the #00 Dino Charger is inserted, making it apparent that the Talon Ranger is in fact either Deathryuger's counterpart or Navy Rangers. However, Deathryuger was not used in the show. Bandai of America representatives acknowledge the character and say he may appear in future Action Hero assortments. However, in an interview, Yoshi Sudarso claims Talon Ranger is the Silver Ranger as associated with Doomwing. Every evidence contradicts this statement.
- He is the second Navy Ranger and the first Spinosaurus-themed Ranger.
- He is the only Kyoryuger to not have "Kyoryu" in his Ranger title. Also, Deathryuger is the first (fully) evil Ranger to associate with the term used by the main team. This is because Kyoryugers are by definition partners of Zyudenryu, and he is a Kyoryuger in order to forcibly control Tobaspino. He is, however, not a Kyoryuger in terms of the team.
- The use of "death" in Deathryuger's name is akin to "killer" in AbareKiller of Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger. Deathryuger follows AbareKiller and DragonRanger from Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger as the evil Ranger in a Dinosaur Sentai, after Kyoryu Gold broke the tradition of the Sixth Ranger in a Dinosaur Sentai being initially an enemy.
- Deathryuger can use his boomerang as a flute, similar to how Burai and Rouki used their weapons as a flute.
- Deathryuger is the second unique individual evil Ranger not to become good, immediately following Enter (Dark Buster) in the final episodes of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.
- Deathryuger's scenario is the opposite of Enter's, who copied a good Sentai's powers and turned them evil, whereas D created fake evil Kyoryuger powers that later became good.
- In both scenarios, the original design of the Sentai suit changed to match which side it was on, looking more sinister (for Enter) or good (for Dai-kun). Both villains also sport darker versions of the main colors used in a Sentai Team (Maroon for Red and Navy for Blue respectively.)
- With Tobaspino's powers now being established as good for Dai-kun, this also makes Deathryuger the second villain to be an evil version of a Sentai leader (Kyoryu Navy), in which he was preceded by Enter, who was an evil version of Red Buster in the form of Dark Buster.
- Deathryuger shares several similarities to various Riders from Kamen Rider Wizard:
- Deathryuger's true nature mirrors that with Orma (Kamen Rider Sorcerer), the villain of Kamen Rider Wizard in Magic Land, the movie which Gaburincho of Music is double-billed with, as he is actually a Debo Monster who transforms into a Kyoryuger just as Orma is actually the Phantom Drake, who can transform into a Kamen Rider.
- Deathryuger's Flute Buster is similar to the Hamel Cane of the White Wizard. Both weapons are magic flutes used as personal weapons.
- D is shown in a flashback fighting Daigo in Brave 29, which referenced the events of the movie.
- D is the only blue Kyoryuger who's Zyudenryu doesn't form an arm, as Tobaspino becomes the main torso of it's combination.
- Because of this, a combination of the three blue Kyoryugers mecha is possible, but wasn't used in the series.
- D is the only evil ranger to have a Ranger Key, albeit solely in merchandise form and not in-show.
- Although DragonRanger, AbareKiller, and the Gouraigers may be considered evil rangers, they don't count since their 'evil' powers were only temporary, and thus switched to the good side.
- Following the face theme of the Deboth Army, D represents feral facial expressions.
- When D reveals his true face in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger: Gaburincho of Music, his head is black, while in Brave 39, his head is red.
- Following several members of the Deboth Army's motif from the Wizard of Oz novel, D's is based on Toto, Dorothy's pet dog of the novel.
- Dai-kun - A Kyoryuger who will become Kyoryu Navy, the good version of Deathryuger, in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger: 100 YEARS AFTER.
- Badussa - Power Rangers counterpart in Dino Charge. See comparison page. and Dino Super Charge (Monster Costume)