|This article is about a/an era in the Power Rangers franchise.|
The Zordon Era is an unofficial term used by the fans of Power Rangers to refer to the first six seasons of the franchise. It is called the "Zordon Era" because Zordon served as the mentor to the Rangers during the first four seasons and remained a significant plot-related character throughout the next two seasons, culminating in his death in Countdown to Destruction. Several seasons that came after the Zordon Era included characters or connections to Zordon Era.
Zordon Era Seasons
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 1) (1993-1994)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 2) (1994-1995)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 3) (1995-1996)
- Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers (1996) (as a mini-series)
- Power Rangers Zeo (1996)
- Power Rangers Turbo (1997)
- Power Rangers In Space (1998)
Seasons with ties to the Zordon Era
- Power Rangers Lost Galaxy (1999)
- Power Rangers Wild Force (2002)
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder (2004)
- Power Rangers S.P.D. (2005)
- Power Rangers Mystic Force (2006)
- Power Rangers Operation Overdrive (2007)
- Power Rangers Samurai (2011)
- Power Rangers Super Samurai (2012)
- Power Rangers Megaforce (2013)
- Power Rangers Super Megaforce (2014)
Other than Zordon being a central character, there were also several similarities that were abandoned (some, without explanation) after the Zordon Era ended.
- Each season was a continuation of the previous one.
- All main villains were of extraterrestrial origin.
- The Rangers had to keep their identities secret as stated in one of Zordon's rules. (Post-Zordon Era season Lightspeed Rescue dropped this practice by having the Rangers morph in public.)
- The Rangers were assisted by a sentient robot named Alpha 5 or Alpha 6 (this would continue for one more season in Lost Galaxy), whose name would often be shortened to simply Alpha.
- With the exception of In Space, the Rangers' mentor lived inside a glass tube.
- The Rangers attended high school.
- Every season of the Zordon era took place in the fictional city of Angel Grove.
- Bulk and Skull provided comic relief (Bulk returned to provided comic relief in Samurai and Super Samurai, this time with Skull's son Spike).
- The Rangers, unlike their Sentai counterparts, had the ability to instantly teleport to any destination (even different dimensions).
- The Rangers all wore communication devices, simply called "communicators", on their wrists.
- With the exception of In Space, the Rangers held their base of operations in a futuristic bunker called the Command Center/Power Chamber.
- The Zordon Era is the first of the four eras of Power Rangers.
- It is the first era that featured a storyline that carried over from season to season. The second would be the New Saban Era.
- It is the second longest era of Power Rangers, consisting of six seasons. The longest is the Disney Era, with seven seasons.
Pages in category "Zordon Era"
The following 7 pages are in this category, out of 7 total.