|This article is about a/an set of rangers in the Super Sentai series.|
These are the Sentai 6th Rangers. After 2 unofficial prototypes, the first Sixth Ranger appeared in Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger. There have been 20 official sixth Rangers, including 1 replacement. They generally appear in the 17th episode of their respective series, but their have been exceptions.
Out of the 20 official Sixth Rangers, 6 have been Silver (making it the most common color for 6th Rangers), 4 have been Gold, 3 have been White, 4 have been Green, 1 has been Black, and 1 has been Red. Ressha Sentai ToQger will introduce Orange as a new color, with ToQ 6gou.
Personality wise, most 6th Rangers have been hardcore loners (DragonRanger, TimeFire, GaoSilver, AbareKiller, Bouken Silver, Go-On Gold, Gosei Knight). But some are comedy relief (KibaRanger, MegaSilver, Shurikenger, Shinken Gold, Gokai Silver, Kyoryu Gold) and some are wise voices of reason (KingRanger, DekaBreak, MagiShine, Go-On Silver). It should also be noted that being a 6th Ranger is not necessarily a numeric designation (IE: AbareKiller was actually the 5th member of his respective team) but rather that they serve as a "supplementary" teammate. In series where a 6th Ranger is absent, an Extra Hero (Carrangers's Signalman, Gingaman's Black Knight) will frequently serve in their place.
Main Sentai 6th
Alternate Reality Sentai 6th
Heroes with Debatable 6th Ranger status
Prototype 6th Ranger
False 6th Rangers
Sixth Rangers who can assume Super Ranger forms.
- Yamato Tribe Knight Burai is DragonRanger in Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger.
- Kou of the Howling New Star is KibaRanger in Gosei Sentai Dairanger.
- Riki is KingRanger in Chouriki Sentai Ohranger.
- Yuusaku Hayakawa is MegaSilver in Denji Sentai Megaranger.
- Although the Jaden Sentai Neziranger never had a Sixth Ranger, Yuusaku posed as NeziSilver as part of a plot to confuse them.
- Naoto Takizawa is TimeFire in Mirai Sentai Timeranger.
- Tsukumaro Ogami is GaoSilver in Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger.
- Asuka Kagura sacrificed his identity to be Shurikenger in Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger.
- Mikoto Nakadai is AbareKiller in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger. He is officially a Sixth Ranger, though he is technically the fifth member of his team.
- Tekkan Aira is DekaBreak in Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger, although he was technically the seventh Dekaranger to appear.
- Heavenly Saint Sungel (Hikaru) is MagiShine in Mahou Sentai Magiranger. He is also the sixth Ranger of the Veteran Sentai.
- Eiji Takaoka is Bouken Silver in GoGo Sentai Boukenger.
- The Go-On Wings siblings, older brother Hiroto Sutou (Go-On Gold) and younger sister Miu (Go-On Silver) are both officially considered the sixth rangers of Engine Sentai Go-Onger.
- Genta Umemori is Shinken Gold in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.
- The Groundion Headder became Gosei Knight in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.
- Gai Ikari is Gokai Silver in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. With the Ranger Keys he is able to use the powers of the 15 Sixth Rangers and combine them into Gold Mode.
- Also, though not Silver Rangers themselves, the other five Gokaigers: Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red), Joe Gibken (Gokai Blue), Luka Millfy (Gokai Yellow), Don Dogoier (Gokai Green), and Ahim de Famille (Gokai Pink) have all changed into past Sixth Rangers via the Ranger Keys in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
- Utsusemimaru is Kyoryu Gold in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
- ToQ 6gou
- There are several Rangers and other Heroes that could be counted as 6th Rangers, though they aren't officially classed as such. These normally appear in 6th Ranger-less series, being the closest thing the series has to a 6th Ranger.
- Sokichi Banba is Big One in J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai. He is technically the fifth member of his team, though as an additional hero to the core team of four, he could be considered a Sixth Ranger in the same way AbareKiller is. However, he was the new team leader, which is not a Sixth Ranger trait.
- Shota Yamamori is Magne Warrior in Choudenshi Bioman. He only appeared for two episodes.
- Ryo Asuka is X1 Mask in Hikari Sentai Maskman. He only appeared in Episode 39.
- Ninjaman in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. A recurring hero, but differed in appearance to a Sentai Ranger too far to be counted as a 6th Ranger. He is later classified as a Bangai Hero.
- Signalman in Gekisou Sentai Carranger. A recurring hero, but differed in appearance to a Sentai Ranger too far to be counted as a 6th Ranger. He is later classified as a Bangai Hero.
- Radietta Fanbelt in Gekisou Sentai Carranger. Although she possessed a costume that technically counted her as "the 6th", it was merely a costume without the Sentai standards; likewise her power source was different from the main team.
- Hyuuga is Black Knight in Seijuu Sentai Gingaman, the successor of BullBlack. A recurring hero, but differed in appearance to a Sentai Ranger too far to be counted as a 6th Ranger. He is later classified as a Bangai Hero.
- Beast-Demon Hunter Zeek in Kyukyu Sentai GoGo-V. A minor hero who only appeared in the movie. After his death, his powers were used by Kyoko Hayase, a woman who wished to be the sixth member of GoGo-V, though she sacrificed her powers to help give Victory Robo the power to defeat Juuma King Golomois.
- Though Mikoto Nakadai (AbareKiller) is Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger's official Sixth Ranger, some counted (for some peculiar reason) AbareMax as the Sixth Ranger, despite the fact it was merely a powerup for AbaRed, thus AbareMax and AbaRed are the same person.
- When the Gokaigers changed into Battle Fever on Christmas Eve, having been left out, Gai combined the Gokai Red and Gokai Green Ranger Keys to become Gokai Christmas. When Gai changed into Gokai Christmas he had Gokai Red on the right, a gold Gokaiger symbol on his head and Gokai Green on the left.
- Atsushi Domyoji is Green Hippopotamus, the Sixth Ranger of Dōbutsu Sentai Go-Busters, an alternate-reality version of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters (a series which had no Sixth Ranger). In this case, it's not his status as the sixth ranger that's unofficial, but rather his team.