|This article is about a/an set of rangers in Power Rangers Samurai and Power Rangers Super Samurai.|
- "Rangers together, Samurai forever!"
- ―Samurai Rangers announcing their arrival[src]
- "Samurai Rangers, victory is ours!"
- ―Victory catchphrase[src]
The Samurai Rangers are Jayden Shiba's four loyal samurai warriors and best friends. Together, they use symbol power via their Samuraizers (or Samurai Morpher for Antonio/Gold Ranger) to battle the evil Nighloks with their transformable Spin Swords and Folding Zords to ensure that the Nighlok don't succeed in flooding the Earth, just like their ancestors did in the past. Since Master Xandred's arise, the Red Rangers have been specially trained to learn a special sealing symbol that can put Xandred away forever.
The Rangers refer to themselves either by their unique elements or, more generally, as their enemies do, by color.
|Red Samurai Ranger||Jayden Shiba / Lauren Shiba||Alex Heartman / Kimberley Crossman|
|Blue Samurai Ranger||Kevin||Najee De-Tiege|
|Pink Samurai Ranger||Mia Watanabe||Erika Fong|
|Green Samurai Ranger||Mike||Hector David Jr.|
|Yellow Samurai Ranger||Emily||Brittany Anne Pirtle|
|Gold Samurai Ranger||Antonio Garcia||Steven Skyler|
- "Centuries ago in Japan, Nighlok monsters invaded our world. But Samurai warriors defeated them with power symbols passed down from parent to child. Today, these evil Nighlok has risen once again and plan to flood the earth. Luckily, a new generation of heroes stand in their way. They are the Power Rangers Samurai."
- ―The narrator[src]
Some years later, powerful Shogun Rangers came from the Samurai bloodline as the power was passed from parent to child. These Shogun donned powerful armor reminiscent of the Samurai powers. They were led by The Grand Shogun, who brought into this world the first Samurai zord the BullZord. However, the BullZord was uncontrollable and was ordered locked away, as more zords came to being.
Nearly 20 years ago, the 17th Samurai Ranger Fire and his Samurai Ranger team encountered the fierce Master Xandred. With earlier versions of the Samuraizer at their disposal, along with the FoldingZords, the Rangers went down fighting, managing to seal Xandred and his cohorts away for years. However the seal was not permanent.
In the 2010's, Xandred, severely weakened from his encounter with the 17th Samurai Rangers begins his attack anew. Thus Jayden Shiba, the 18th Samurai Ranger Fire, has been called to duty, along with four others under the purview of the Samurai. With the Samuraizers, Samurai Disks and Spin Swords and FoldingZords at their disposal. They manage to fend off the Nighlok.
However, as the Nighlok grow stronger, changes once again needed to take shape. The first change came when for the first time, a young man of non-Samurai lineage appeared and became the first Gold Samurai Ranger. This young man was Antonio, Jayden's childhood friend, whom Jayden had given the OctoZord to as a boy. Antonio proved to be the spike in power the rangers needed as his technological approach to Symbol Power allowed him to create new devices and weapons for himself, as well as activate pending projects of the Samurai lineage such as the Black Box, the LightZord and the SharkZord. He was also able to repair the ClawZord which had been damaged in battle years ago.
With the Black Box repaired, the Rangers were able to gain a new combat mode- the Super Samurai Mode. With this mode, a single Samurai Ranger could fight alone and finish an opponent as well as perform complex combinations such as Megazord combos on his/her own.
When Jayden and Cody, a young Guardian, managed to free and control the BullZord after years of capture, the apparition of the Shogun Rangers' leader, The Grand Shogun appeared and vowed that their power now belongs to them. This means that on top of all the powers that they have inherited, along with the powers they themselves activated, the Rangers now had access to the special power of the Shogun Rangers, as a Shogun mode, powering up their attacks. However in Samurai Forever, Jayden used Shogun Mode outside of the zords, thanks to Lauren's Fire Disc.
Since the day the Warstar and the Armada has threatened the Earth, the Samurai Rangers have been watching the Mega Rangers fight their enemies.
When an elite member of the Armada named Matacore attacks the Mega Rangers, Jayden travels to Harwood County to give advice to the Mega Rangers when they were out of ideas. Jayden then supplies them with the same Double Disc he used the day he defeated Master Xandred.
Mike and Emily
Unlike Ranger teams before them, the Samurai Rangers have several battle modes used in specific situations.
- Mega Mode - armor plating cockpit mode for piloting Zords
- Super Samurai Mode - enhancement mode access to all Rangers' powers. Only one ranger can access this at a time.
- Shark Attack Mode - enhancement mode via use of the special Shark Sword and SharkZord. Only one ranger can access this at a time.
- Shogun Mode - power up for Zord battles, also used as Battlizer, primary mode of historic predecessors.
- See also: Arsenal (Samurai)
- Samuraizer - core rangers' morpher
- Samurai Morpher - Gold Ranger's morpher
- Black Box - Super mode morpher
- Shogun Buckle - Battlizer morpher
- Spin Sword - sidearm that transforms into various weapons
- Fire Smasher - Red Ranger's zanbato
- Hydro Bow - Blue Ranger's pressure bow
- Forest Spear - Green Ranger's bladed spear
- Earth Slicer - Yellow Ranger's shuriken
- Sky Fan - Pink Ranger's war fan
- Mega Blade - ranger's zord controllers
- Super Mega Blade - Mega Blade with the Black Box
- Super Spin Sword - Spin Sword with the Black Box
- Shark Sword - Spin Sword with the Shark Disc
- Barracuda Blade - Gold Ranger's personal weapon
- Super Bullzooka - Super Spin Sword/Bullzooka combo
- Shogun Spear - Mega Blade/Bullzooka combo
- Legend:◆ piloted zord, ❖ aux zord, ★ battlezord
- Samurai Shark Gigazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖❖❖❖★◆❖
- Samurai Gigazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖❖❖❖★◆
- Claw Armor Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆★
- Samurai Battle Cannon ❖❖❖❖
- BullZord/Bull Megazord ◆
- SharkZord ❖
- Samurai Gigazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖❖❖❖★◆
- LightZord ❖
- Alternate Combination- Beetle Blaster Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Alternate Combination- Swordfish Fencer Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Alternate Combination- Tiger Drill Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Alternate Combination- Octo Spear Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Alternate Combination- Samurai Shark Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Alternate Combination- Samurai Lightzord ◆◆◆◆❖
Legendary Ranger Keys
- Power Rangers Samurai Ranger Keys: These represent the Samurai Rangers.
Super Megaforce/Samurai Legendary Ranger Mode
|Red Samurai Ranger||Troy Burrows|
|Blue Samurai Ranger||Noah Carver|
|Yellow Samurai Ranger||Gia Moran|
|Green Samurai Ranger||Jake Holling|
|Pink Samurai Ranger||Emma Goodall|
|Gold Samurai Ranger||Orion|
|Red Samurai Ranger ♀||Miscellaneous|
Video Game appearances
Power Rangers Dash
The Samurai Rangers are among all the Ranger teams which appear in the Korean-developed mobile game Power Rangers Dash.
- It appears that the Samurai Rangers follow the Jungle Fury Rangers in chronological order while the Ranger Operators from RPM are running concurrently in another dimension.
- The Samurai Rangers were Saban's inspiration for their 2012 April Fools' gag: Morphume.
- The Samurai Rangers are the first protagonist team to have a female Red Ranger and have her serve as leader as well. They are, however, not the first team to have a female Red entirely as the A-Squad from Power Rangers S.P.D. have their own.
- The Samurai Rangers are the first ever Ranger team that the Super Mega Rangers access as Legendary Mode.
- All the Samurai Rangers appear unmorphed in Power Rangers Super Megaforce: Jayden appears in the episode "Samurai Surprise". Kevin appears in flashback on Samurai Surprise. Mia and Antonio appear in the episode "Emperor Mavro" in a repurposed shot, and Emily and Mike appear in the episode "Legendary Battle".
- The Samurai Rangers were the first set of Rangers to appear in more than one season (outside of team-up episodes) since Ashley Hammond, Cassie Chan, T.J. Johnson, and Carlos Vallerte appeared in both Turbo and In Space.
- The Samurai Rangers are one of only three teams with more than two girls, with the others being the S.P.D. Rangers and the Mystic Rangers.
All items (11)