|This article is about a/an era in the Power Rangers franchise.|
The Post-Zordon Era is an unofficial term for the seasons that came after the Zordon Era. It is made up of the last four seasons of Power Rangers to be filmed in America. While essentially every season after Power Rangers In Space could be considered part of the Post-Zordon Era, Lost Galaxy through Wild Force is commonly associated to be the Post-Zordon Era proper.
Post-Zordon Era Seasons
- Power Rangers Lost Galaxy (1999)
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue (2000)
- Power Rangers Time Force (2001)
- Power Rangers Wild Force (2002)
Due to the poor performance of Power Rangers Turbo, Power Rangers In Space was set to be the final season. The two part finale, Countdown to Destruction, saw the death of Zordon, and the major villains of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to Power Rangers In Space were either killed or turned good by the resulting Z-Wave. However, due to the higher ratings of Power Rangers In Space, the show was renewed for a new season, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. The production values are considered to be the best of the four eras, as the acting was better and the music was an orchestrated score (a trend started half-way through Power Rangers In Space). The finale of Power Rangers Wild Force, called The End of the Power Rangers, was also set to be the finale of the franchise; however, it was suggested that if production of the show moved to New Zealand, the show could continue but on a smaller budget. The following season, Power Rangers Ninja Storm, would be the true beginning of the Disney Era.
- Power Rangers Lost Galaxy is often seen by fans as an epilogue to the Zordon Era. Some fans consider it part of the Zordon Era.
- In every season of this era there is team up episode between the rangers of the season and the rangers of the previous season.
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue is the first season to be free of continuity from the previous seven seasons (with the exception of the team-up with Lost Galaxy).
- Although Power Rangers Wild Force is technically a part of the Disney Era, it is commonly associated with the Post-Zordon Era as it had the same production team.
- The Post-Zordon Era ended after Wild Force, when production moved to New Zealand for the following season.
- The Post-Zordon Era is the second of the four eras of Power Rangers, as well as the shortest.