Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about a/an era in the Power Rangers franchise.|
The New Saban Era (also called the Saban Brands Era or Neo-Saban Era), is the unofficial term that refers to the seasons of Power Rangers that were produced after Saban reacquired the franchise from Disney in 2010. The New Saban Era began in February 2011 and is the current era of Power Rangers, broadcasting on Nickelodeon.
As part of Saban's partnership with Nickelodeon, individual seasons generally consist of a total of 22 episodes, a regular 20 episode run split into two 10 episode halves along with a Halloween and Christmas special.
New Saban Seasons
- Power Rangers Samurai (2011)
- Power Rangers Super Samurai (2012)
- Power Rangers Megaforce (2013)
- Power Rangers Dino Charge (2015)
- Power Rangers Ninja Steel (2017)
Following the end of production of Power Rangers RPM in 2009, Disney canceled the series. In 2010 they aired a "re-versioning" of the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. It included a restored picture, but poorly received graphics that appeared throughout an episode that were reminiscent of those seen in the Transformers Generation 2 cartoon that aired in the early 1990s. In response, Saban reacquired the franchise in May 2010. After reacquiring the franchise, production on Power Rangers Samurai began a few months later, and began airing on Nickelodeon in February 2011. Saban Brands has renewed their partnership with Nickelodeon through 2018.
- Although production has remained in New Zealand, the actors for the Rangers are once again cast in the United States.
- Both Power Rangers adaptions from Shinkenger and Kyoryuger are split into 2 seasons.
- Adaptations of Go-Busters and ToQger were skipped.
- It seems that as of Dino Charge, the very things that gives the Rangers their powers will be sought after by the main villain of the show. (Sledge sought the Energems, which are used to power the Dino Charge Rangers; Galavanx will seek the ninja throwing stars, which the Ninja Steel Rangers use.)
- It is the first time since the Zordon Era in which cast members appear in more than one season.
- Also, it is the first era in which every series is split in two seasons (with the common inclusion of "Super" in the title of each second season).