|This article is about a/an era in the Power Rangers franchise.|
The New Saban Era (also called the Saban Brands Era, Nickelodeon Era or Neo-Saban Era), is the unofficial term that refers to the seasons of Power Rangers that were produced after Saban reacquired the franchise from Disney in 2010. The New Saban Era began in February 2011 and is the current era of Power Rangers, broadcasting on Nickelodeon. In 2019, it will be replaced by Hasbro Era.
As part of Saban's partnership with Nickelodeon, individual seasons generally consist of a total of 22 episodes, a regular 20 episode run split into two 10 episode halves along with a Halloween and Christmas special.
New Saban Seasons
- Power Rangers Samurai (2011)
- Power Rangers Super Samurai (2012)
- Power Rangers Megaforce (2013)
- Power Rangers Dino Charge (2015)
- Power Rangers Ninja Steel (2017)
Following the end of production of Power Rangers RPM in 2009, Disney canceled the series. In 2010 they aired a "re-versioning" of the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. It included a restored picture, but poorly received graphics that appeared throughout an episode that was reminiscent of those seen in the Transformers Generation 2 series that aired in the early 1990s. In response, Saban reacquired the franchise in May 2010. After reacquiring the franchise, production on Power Rangers Samurai began a few months later and began airing on Nickelodeon in February 2011. Saban Brands has renewed their partnership with Nickelodeon through 2021.
- Although production has remained in New Zealand, the actors for the Rangers are once again cast in the United States.
- Three Power Rangers adaptions from Shinkenger, Kyoryuger and Ninninger are split into 2 seasons, due to Nickelodeon's distribution with Saban Brands.
- In this era, adaptations of Go-Busters and ToQger were skipped, making the New Saban Era the first era to fully skip a Super Sentai series. However, costumes from these skipped series are still used in New Saban Era seasons. Most notable are Neo-Geildon, from the Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters special and a heavily modified Baron Nero from Toqger, which are used for Snide and Cosmo Royale respectively.
- Sledge is the only villain whose suit was made just for Dino Charge.
- It seems that as of Dino Charge, the very items that give the Rangers their powers would be sought after by the main villain of the show. (Sledge sought the Energems, which are used to power the Dino Charge Rangers; and Galvanax sought the ninja throwing stars, which the Ninja Steel Rangers use.)
- It is the first time since the Zordon Era in which cast members appear in more than one season.
- Also, it is the first era in which every series is split into two seasons (with the common inclusion of "Super" in the title of each second season).
- The New Saban Era is the longest era, with eight seasons.
- Excluding Dino Charge, all teams had only 6 members.
- Dane and Mick had only temporary powers and Jayden and Lauren are never seen morphed together.
- Excluding Megaforce/Super Megaforce, all teams have Megazord exclusive forms as well the Megazord cockpit design and footage is exclusive for Power Rangers.
- All seasons involve a gimmick of some sort (Samurai Disks, Cards/Ranger Keys, Dino Chargers, and Power Stars)
- The first and last season from this era are themed after Japanese warriors (Samurais and Ninjas).
- The New Saban Era has the most anniversary seasons, which is two.
- One being the era's culmination.
- This is the second time where a representative of all the past seasons of the era appear in the anniversary special.
- As Tori, Kira, Bridge, and Xander were a part of the four teams before Operation Overdrive.
- Gemma, Antonio, Gia, and Koda were a part of the four teams before [Super] Ninja Steel.
- Dino Charge is the only season in this era to have both a Green Ranger and a Black Ranger on the core team.
|Power Rangers Eras|
|Zordon Era (1993-1998) • Post-Zordon Era (1999-2002) • Disney Era (2003-2009) • New Saban Era (2011-2018) • Hasbro Era (2019-)|
|View • Talk • Edit|
All items (8)