According to Boukenger's 30 Sentai Encyclopedia Special Files, Multi Gattai (マリチ合体 Maruchi Gattai, Multi Combo) is the ability that allows a robot to switch certain parts, most commonly arms, in its combined form using auxiliary mecha. Chronologically, the first Sentai Robo to execute a Multi Gattai was the Scramble Intersection Robo from Carranger, which gave the RV Robo the limbs of the VRV Robo. From Gaoranger onwards, Multi Gattai more or less became a staple in Super Sentai.
Robots capable of doing Multi Gattai
Below is a list of Super Sentai Robo's displaying the ability of doing Multi Gattai in the show or any of the associated movies.
The Robos in this series are able to switch out arms and legs, with the torso part being the part that designates the Robos themselves i.e. using GaoLion as torso designates the robot as GaoKing, but using GaoGorilla as torso designates it as GaoMuscle, no matter what limbs are used.
- Senpuujin: able to replace HurricaneDolphin with Tenkuujin as arm.
- Gourai Senpuujin (only in Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger vs. Gaoranger, replacing Gourai Stag with GaoTiger, GaoShark and GaoElephant)
Robots in Abaranger are able to replace their arms with other Bakuryuu.
- Engine-O: Capable of using certain other Engines as addons for its arms, but this is not true multi gattai, since he does not replace his arms, but rather collapses them when another arm is attached.
- GunBir-O: Able to switch his arms with SeiKuu-O
- SeiKuu-O: Able to switch his arms with GunBir-O
- Kyoryuzin: Able to replace his arms.
- Pteraiden-Oh: Capable of using certain other ZyuDenRyu as addons for his arms, but this is not true multi gattai, since he does not replace his arms, but rather collapses them when another arm is attached.
- Plezu-Oh: Capable of using certain other ZyuDenRyu as addons for his left arm, but this is not true multi gattai, since he does not replace his arm, but rather collapses it when another arm is attached.
- SpinoDai-Oh: Able to replace his arms.
Robots in ToQger are able to replace their forearms with other Ressha.
- Shurikenjin: Is a rather unique case. Since the combination is a smaller robot piloting a larger robot suit, it performs a variation of Multi Gattai where the smaller robot piloting the mecha is replaced with another one, along with the helmet worn by the combined form.
- Bison King also consists of a smaller robot piloting a larger robot suit. In the toyline of Ninninger, he is able to have Surfermaru replace Rodeomaru as the pilot, but this combination never appeared in the show.
Lupinranger vs Patranger
- Due to the way they are designed, some of the toy versions of Super Sentai Robos have the ability to do a Multi Gattai, but do not show this onscreen. Examples of these unofficial Multi Gattai Robos include:
In addition, also because of their design, most of these robos can combine with mecha outside their own seasons. For example, Dekaranger Robo can combine with Power Animals from Gaoranger, due to it sharing the same arm pegs as GaoKing.
Pages in category "Multi Gattai"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.