|This article is about a/an set of rangers in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.|
- "Hiding from the people and slashing evil. Ninja Sentai! Kakuranger, has arrived!"
- ―Kakurangers announcing their arrival[src]
Ninja Sentai Kakuranger (忍者戦隊カクレンジャー Ninja Sentai Kakurenjā), individually known as the Kakurangers (カクレンジャー Kakurenjā), are the 18th Super Sentai, composed of ninja descendants who fight evil with their special ninja skills.
Super Sentai World
Toei Hero Daishugō
The Kakurangers and Dairangers standing alongside each other on the other side.
Ole vs. Kakuranger.
The Kakurangers would later return to team-up with the Ohrangers, who were fighting the invasion of Earth by the Machine Empire Baranoia, against the powerful Youkai Onbu-Obake and Machine Beast Bara Gear.
In 2005, Sasuke teamed-up with his fellow Red ninja, Yousuke Shiina/HurricaneRed, to fight a strange new Youkai which had appeared attacking all ninjas it came across in search of the End Shuriken. They were aided by the appearance of a never before seen red ninja from ten years in the future, who they saw seemingly killed by the Youkai who proceeded to return to the future with what it believed was the End Shuriken.
Years later, the Space Empire Zangyack invaded Earth. This threat was so great that all of the first 34 Super Sentai, including the Kakurangers, were needed to oppose them. The 34 Sentai put up a valiant fight against the ground forces, but when the Zangyack fleet itself attacked them, Akarenger told everyone to combine their powers and save the Earth. This destroyed the Zangyack fleet and resulted in the loss of their powers, which resurfaced as Ranger Keys, that were dispersed throughout the universe.
The keys were collected by AkaRed, and later utilized by the 35th Super Sentai, the Gokaigers, a group of five people from different planets who came to Earth in search of the Greatest Treasure in the Universe.
The greater power of the Kakurangers was the last to be claimed. Ninjaman ultimately did not join the Kakuranger and all other Sentai heroes during the Great Legend War due to being locked away in a jar at the Negakure Temple for 10 years by the Sanshinshou after causing a lot of destruction when saving a little girl from animals that had escaped from a zoo. During an attack simultaneous to the Shinkenger and Goseiger battle against Buredoran of the Bloodbath, Metal Alice of the Agent of the Machine Onslaught Empire Matrintis ordered Zan-KT0 of the Shot to destroy the shrine, ultimately killing Ninjaman. However, this was rewritten when the Gokaigers eventually traveled back in time and protected the shrine and the jar when presented a mission by Domon of the Timerangers.
When the Gokaigers returned to the shrine to search for the Kakuranger's Greater Power they found the jar and smashed it, freeing Ninjaman. He explained why he was sealed, but wondered why the Sanshinshou did not free him. Gai Ikari then revealed to him the event of the Great Legend War. The Gokaigers decided to take him to the GokaiGalleon and fill him in on things like the Great Legend War and even their own fight with the Space Empire Zangyack and Basco ta Jolokia. They revealed to him that they are the 35th Super Sentai team and explained the Ranger Keys to him and how they have also gathered almost all of the previous Super Sentai teams Greater Powers except for five that Basco have stolen. They ultimately revealed that only the Greater Powers of Kakuranger was missing and in the end Ninjaman decided to stay with them in order to see if they are worthy or not. In a distance somewhere in the city, Tsuruhime watches the GokaiGalleon sail across the sky. Impressed that they found Ninjaman, she leaves it up to him whether to grant them the Kakurangers' Greater Power.
After a week where the Gokaiger have done nothing, Ninjaman decided to retrain the Gokaigers, though only Gai, Ahim and Don shown up. When Don and Gai started fighting due to an attack from Action Commander Evil Spirit Faith Healer Juju and Marvelous, Joe, and Luka done nothing, Ninjaman felt that the Gokaiger are not worthy to be heroes period. However, after seeing Don and Gai stop themselves from hurting an untransformed Ahim, breaking Juju's spell, Ninjaman realized that he had forgotten how to trust people in his efforts to not be overzealous and cause unneeded destruction like before. When he and the others were called to help Marvelous, Joe, and Luka fight Juju, Ninjaman saw that they had faith in Ahim, Don, and Gai to break Juju's spell and how it helped them to find Juju.
After fighting with the Gokaiger, at one point with them using the Kakuranger powers, Ninjaman granted them the Kakurangers' Ultimate Power when they need it during the mecha battle with Juju. However, it was to his surprise that he was the Kakurangers' Ultimate Power. With GokaiOh and GoZyuJin, he managed to defeat Jyujyu. After the battle, he summoned his cloud to leave the Gokaigers and find his masters. After the Gokaigers finally defeated Zangyack, the Gokaigers returned the Ranger Keys before they left Earth to find the second Greatest Treasure in the Universe. It is assumed the Kakurangers have their powers once more.
Super Hero Taisen
The five-man Kakuranger team, among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, were caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident. They were presumably sent to the dimensional rift, under the pretense of being defeated, by Kamen Rider Decade while he was apparently hunting the Sentai teams. When his and Captain Marvelous' ruse was revealed, the Kakurangers appeared with the other Super Sentai through the dimensional wall, they then fought alongside all the other Sentai teams and Kamen Riders against the alliance of Dai-Shocker and Dai-Zangyack.
The Space Pirates Return
Evidently, the Kakurangers loaned their Ranger Keys - at the request of Gai Ikari - to the Gokaigers whom had temporarily returned to Earth to find and bestow the Great King's Credential to the Zyuohgers. Their powers were returned when the Gokaigers left for space once more having achieved their quest.
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
Individual Weapons and Attacks
- Shinobi Knuckles ◆◆◆◆◆
- Red Slicer ◆
- White Beak ◆
- Blue Shot ◆
- Yellow Claw ◆
- Black Bow ◆
- Kakuranger Ball
- Thunder Sword Hikarimaru
2000 years ago, the Three God Generals (三神将 Sanshinshō) were a trio of human sages who led humanity in a war against Daimaou, infernal king of the Youkai. After sealing Daimaou and his followers behind the Door of Seals, their souls ascended to Heaven where they became the Three God Generals, while the techniques they invented became the basis for Kakure-Style Ninja Arts. According to Sandayuu, each of the three God Generals represents one of the three aspects of Kakure-Style Ninja Arts: body (Muteki Shogun), heart (Tsubasamaru), and technique (Kakure Daishogun).
3 God Generals - Giant Beast General System
- Legend:◆ piloted mecha, ❖ aux mecha
- Cho Ninja Gattai Super Muteki Shogun ◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Ninja Gattai Muteki Shogun ◆◆◆◆◆
- Giant Beast General Red Saruder ► Beast General Fighter Battle Saruder ◆
- Giant Beast General White Kark ► Beast General Fighter Battle Kark ◆
- Giant Beast General Blue Logan ► Beast General Fighter Battle Logan◆
- Giant Beast General Yellow Kumard ► Beast General Fighter Battle Kumard ◆
- Giant Beast General Black Gammer ► Beast General Fighter Battle Gammer ◆
- Holy Stealth Beast Tsubasamaru ❖
- Ninja Gattai Muteki Shogun ◆◆◆◆◆
3 God Generals - Super Stealth Beast System
- Legend:◆ piloted mecha, ❖ aux mecha
- Tsubasa Gattai Super Kakure Daishogun ◆◆◆◆◆❖
The Ninja Sentai Kakuranger Ranger Keys (忍者戦隊カクレンジャーレンジャーキー Ninja Sentai Kakurenjā Renjā Kī) are what became of the Kakurangers' powers after they along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
- NinjaRed Key (ニンジャレッドキー Ninja Reddo Kī)
- NinjaWhite Key (ニンジャホワイトキー Ninja Howaito Kī)
- NinjaYellow Key (ニンジャイエローキー Ninja Ierō Kī)
- NinjaBlue Key (ニンジャブルーキー Ninja Burū Kī)
- NinjaBlack Key (ニンジャブラックキー Ninja Burakku Kī)
- Ninjaman Key (ニンジャマンキー Ninjaman Kī)
Gokaiger/Kakuranger Gokai Change
|NinjaYellow||Luka Millfy (female version)|
|NinjaWhite||Ahim de Famille|
The Kakuranger Shuriken (カクレンジャーシュリケン Kakurenjā Shuriken) is one of two special Nin Shuriken (忍シュリケン) based off AkaNinger's Red Ninja Sentai predecessors, bearing the likeness of NinjaRed and marked with the kanji for "bun" (分), reflecting NinjaRed's special ability of using the Clone Jutsu to fight the Yokai. It is unlocked from two purified Sealing Shuriken when they give the Ninningers their approval after Youkai Nekomata was destroyed. Using the Ninja Art: Cloning Technique (忍法・分身の術 Ninpō - Bunshin no Jutsu), when AkaNinger inserts the Shuriken into the Ninja Ichibantou while inside Shurikenjin, it allows the mecha to cast illusions of itself onto the target before striking them, as put to use during a battle with a Giant Youkai Gashadokuro.
Video game appearances
Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O
The Kakurangers are among all the Sentai teams which appear in the arcade game Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O
Super Sentai Battle Base
The Kakurangers are among all the Sentai teams which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
Kakuranger is among all the Sentai teams which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
- This is the first team whose entire cast came back for a subsequent team-up, in Chouriki Sentai Ohranger: Ole vs. Kakuranger. Previous team-ups only featured the current team's cast in it's entirety.
- Jiraiya's actor, Kane Kosugi, was the only actor trained in martial arts.
- Jiraiya is noted as being the first Sentai ranger to speak English regularly, as opposed to the occasional exclaimation. While Kosugi, an American-born Japanese actor, was fluent in both English and Japanese at the time, his character did not understand nor speak Japanese at his debut, and would only gain a loose grasp of the language as the series progressed.
- Since the Doron Changers were used to seal Daimaou, it is not known how the Kakurangers were able to return transformed again in future team-ups and crossovers.
- This is the first team since the Jetman to not have a Sixth Ranger.
- Aquitar Rangers - Power Rangers counterpart in Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers. See comparison page.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (team) - Power Rangers counterpart in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 3). See comparison page.