|This article is about a/an series of Zords and Megazords in the Power Rangers franchise.|
Several times during the Power Rangers series, certain villains have piloted Zords or similar vehicles of their own or somehow hijacked, overridden and/or taken control of the Zords belonging to the Rangers themselves. In truth, there is little to differentiate these machines from any other giant robot, however, the word "Zord" itself summons a feeling that the Rangers are now facing beings in some way like themselves. This motif has been used in many mediums to introduce increased tension and drama.
The first instance of this occurring was during the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, in the Green With Evil arc, in which the Rangers first fought against Tommy Oliver, the evil Green Ranger and his Dragonzord. In this first instance, the Zord (and the Ranger) were soon turned to the side of good - although the Dragonzord would later be used for evil again by Goldar, Pirantishead (who also controlled the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord) and by the clone of the Green Ranger. The same idea was reused at the 'culmination' of the first season of Mighty Morphin, when Goldar piloted the Warzord Cyclopsis against the Rangers. Lord Zedd also piloted another Warzord called Serpentera, which was hugely powerful but never truly able to defeat the Rangers due to the fact that it was continually running out of fuel. Serpentera reappeared in the Power Rangers Wild Force team-up episode Forever Red, but was destroyed.
The idea of evil Zords was reused several times in later seasons, for example, in Power Rangers Turbo, during which Divatox and her minions piloted machines called Divazords, and an episode of Power Rangers In Space in which the Yellow Psycho Ranger takes control of the Mega Voyager while the Rangers are in it. Power Rangers Lost Galaxy also introduced the Stratoforce and Centaurus Megazords and the Zenith Carrierzord as Zords under the control of Deviot, but whose inner nature as the lost Galactabeasts allowed them to break free and join the Rangers. The Magna Defender's Torozord was also used to fight against the Galaxy Rangers on at least one occasion.
In Power Rangers: Time Force there are several giant robots that are used by Frax and are not addressed as Zords, although in Mirai Sentai Timeranger, (the Super Sentai show that Time Force came from) one of the giant robots was named the G-Zord. This was the first time that the term "Zord" was ever used on a Sentai program (prior to the release of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters which premiered nearly 12 years later). The G-Zord was adapted into the Dragontron robot when the footage was used on Time Force. In Power Rangers SPD and Power Rangers Operation Overdrive, a large assortment of giant robots are similarly used by the villains and monsters of the series. While mostly not referred to as Zords, these robots are Zord-like in operation.
There is one villainous Zord in the US version which wasn't really a giant robot in the original Sentai version. That Zord was the Lothorzord, the Zord Lothor piloted at the end of Power Rangers Ninja Storm. This was done in order to use the final battle footage from Ninpu Sentai Hurricanger, the Sentai series that Ninja Storm is based on and adapted from, especially since Lothor is an American-made Power Rangers-exclusive villain. This is repeated again in the case of the Zelzord, the Zord Zeltrax piloted from the end of Power Rangers Dino Thunder.
List of Evil Zords:
- Dragonzord - Used by Tommy Oliver, the evil original Mighty Morphin' Green Ranger, and later by Pirantishead and his clone.
- Cyclopsis - Goldar's Warzord. Destroyed by the Ultrazord, twice.
- Tyrannosaurus Dinozord - Brainwashed by Pirantishead.
- Serpentera - Lord Zedd's personal Warzord that was hidden on the moon for years and eventually found by the remnants of the Machine Empire. Destroyed by Cole Evans and his Wild Force Rider.
- White Tigerzord - Was forced to fight the Thunder Megazord After Rita Repulsa gained control of Saba.
- Zeo Megazord - Sabotaged and taken control of by Cog Changer.
- Super Zeo Megazord - Taken control of by Impursonator.
- Robo Racer - Piloted by the brainwashed Blue Senturion.
- Metallosaurus - An evil Zord developed by General Havoc. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord.
- Terrorzord - An evil Zord used by Elgar. Turned into a camel by one of Divatox's monsters by accident.
- Divazords - Three evil Zords piloted by Divatox, Rygog, and Porto. Destroyed by the Rescue & Turbo Megazords.
- Space Taxi Zord- Combined with the Eagle Divazord.
- Turbo Megazord (energized) - Taken control of by enemies before being reclaimed and later destroyed by Goldgoyle.
- Stratoforce Megazord, Centaurus Megazord and Zenith Carrierzord - Also known as the Galactabeasts, they were brainwashed by Deviot before being freed, although the former two were destroyed by Trakeena through an orchestrated suicide attack.
- Torozord - Fought the Rangers at the behest of the Magna Defender before his redemption and death, it was later sacrificed along with his powers by his successor Mike Corbett to help Terra Venture escape from the Lost Galaxy.
- Omega Megazord and Lifeforce Megazord - Both hijacked and later destroyed along with their respective pilots.
- Dragontron - Remote-control robot created by Frax. Destroyed by the Time Force Megazord.
- Doomtron - Zord-like robot created and piloted by Frax. Destroyed by Wesley Collins & the Quantasaurus Rex.
- Dark Wildzords - Zords piloted by the Duke Org Zen-Aku. Defeated by the Wild Force Megazord, and later cleansed of evil and used by Merrick Baliton, the Lunar Wolf Ranger. They were destroyed by Master Org but later revived.
- Elephant Wildzord, Giraffe Wildzord and Bear Brothers Wildzords - Also brainwashed by the Duke, they were freed, but later destroyed by Master Org and revived.
- Wildzords - All brainwashed by the Lion Tamer Org, they were all destroyed by Master Org but revived later on.
- Thunderzords/Thunder Megazord - Piloted by the Ninja Thunder Rangers Hunter and Blake Bradley while they were brainwashed and later destroyed along with Vexacus.
- Zurganezords 1, 2, and 3 - A trio of identical Zords created and piloted by Zurgane. Zurganezord 2 has a Lightning Mode similar to the Storm Megazord, while Zurganezord 3 can scan the data of the Rangers' Megazords. All destroyed.
- Hyper Zurganezord - A Zord created by Zurgane from data collected by Zurganezord 3 on the Storm Megazord, Thunder Megazord, and Samurai Star Megazord. Also has a Power Sphere of its own, the Hyper Sword. Destroyed along with its weapon by the Hurricane Megazord, Mighty Mammothzord and all of the Power Spheres.
- Kaprizord - A Zord piloted by Kapri. Destroyed by the Hurricane Megazord, Mighty Mammothzord and lots of Power Spheres.
- Marahzord - A Beevil-lookalike Zord piloted by Marah. Destroyed by the Samurai Storm Megazord.
- Shimazuzord - A Zord piloted by Shimazu. Destroyed by the Samurai Thunder Megazord.
- Lothorzord - A Zord piloted by Lothor himself. Destroyed along with its pilot and the Storm Megazord.
- Biozords - The components of the Thundersaurus Megazord that were under Mesogog's control before being tamed by the Rangers, and they were later destroyed along with the Zelzord and Mezodon Megazord by self-destructing.
- Zeltrax's ship - An unnamed aerial attack craft piloted by Zeltrax in Mesogog's first assault on Reefside and rebuilt by him later to draw out the Rangers. Equipped with lightning bolt launchers, electrified tentacles, and after its reconstruction, a detachable centipede-like ground vehicle capable of splitting its segments into flying laser-shooting drones that, individually, were strong enough alone to disable the Thundersaurus Megazord and Brachiozord. Destroyed the first time by the Thundersaurus Megazord and the second time by the Mezodon Rover and Tommy Oliver, the Black Dino Thunder Ranger.
- Dimetrozord - Turned evil by Elsa but tamed by Tommy.
- Dino Stegazord - Converted to evil by Trent Fernandez-Mercer and later his evil clone.
- Replicantzord/Blizzard Force Megazord - An evil clone of the Thundersaurus Megazord created by Mesogog. Destroyed by the Thundersaurus & Mezodon Megazords.
- Zelzord - A Zord built and piloted by Zeltrax and the Triptoids. Destroyed by the Thundersaurus & Mezodon Megazords using their self-destruct sequences.
- Arctic Pterazord - A green version of Kira Ford, the Yellow Dino Thunder Ranger's Zord that was only seen in the toyline with a recolored Blizzard Force Megazord.
- Terror Spacecraft - Used as Emperor Gruumm's personal command ship before being converted into a body called "the Magnificence" for his master Omni. Destroyed along with its pilot by Commander Anubis Cruger and the S.W.A.T. Megazord.
- Morato - Stolen Shrines made by Broodwing. Destroyed by the Delta Command Megazord.
- Mega Drill - A robot used by Broodwing. Destroyed.
- Giant Robots - Used to battle the Rangers. All destroyed.
- Giga Bot - Destroyed.
- A-Squad's Megazord - This Zord was used by the rogue SPD A-Squad Power Rangers when they kidnapped Cruger and battled the B-Squad Power Rangers, disabling the Omegamax Megazord and destroying the Delta Squad Megazord. Destroyed by the S.W.A.T. Megazord.
- Delta Command Crawler/Delta Command Megazord - Used against the Rangers by Broodwing and later deactivated by Kat Manx.
- Centaur Megazord/Centaurus Wolf Megazord - This Megazord was used by Koragg against the Mystic Force Power Rangers. The Centaur Megazord is first seen in Broken Spell, while the Centaurus Wolf Megazord is first seen in Whispering Voices as a fusion of Koragg and Catastros. Neither is seen again after Leanbow becomes the Wolf Warrior.
- Black Lance's chariot horses.
- Bombardo - Destroyed.
- Moltor's Zord/Moltor Bot - An unnamed Zord built and piloted by Moltor. Destroyed by the Super DriveMax Megazord.
- Sentinel Sword - Brainwashed.
- Dragonizer - A dragon-like Zord built by Moltor, then at first piloted by the Lava Lizards and later on by Flurious. Destroyed by the Super DriveMax Megazord.
- Lavadactyls - Pterosaur-like Zords piloted by the Lava Lizards. Destroyed by the DriveMax Ultrazord and BattleFleet Zord.
- Flurious' Robot - An unnamed Zord built by Flurious and stolen by the Fearcats. Destroyed by the Flash Point Megazord.
- Jet Robot - Used to attack San Angleas. Destroyed.
- Mig & Benglo's jet
- Commando Robot - Originally one of the Fearcats' normal robots, it was powered up by the Super Armor but still destroyed.
- Centurion Robot - The Centurion Robot was used to release the powers of the Centurion Torch, but it was destroyed.
- Cybernetic Rex - A Tyrannosaurus rex-like Zord piloted by the Lava Lizards. Destroyed by the BattleFleet Megazord.
- Agrios - Created from combining multiple relics into the Octavian Chalice, Agrios was controlled by the Fearcats after fusing it with a jet. Destroyed.
- Venjix Drones - Aerial and ground assault vehicles piloted by the Grinders.
- Doomsday Machine - A former Attack Bot created and controlled by Venjix. Reprogrammed and modified into the Whale Zord.
- Road Attack Zord - Went rogue before being successfully controlled by the Rangers.
- PaleoMax Megazord/Paleozord - Originally went rogue upon activation, was later controlled by General Shifter before being reclaimed by the Rangers.
- TigerZord - It was under the Nighlok Madimot's mind-control powers after being lost in the last battle against Master Xandred. It was reclaimed by Red Samurai Ranger Jayden Shiba.
- ScorpionCreature - A toy-exclusive design made for Deker. It is based on the Gold Samurai Ranger's Clawzord and is the only real evil Zord in the ZordBuilder system.
- BullZord - Went on a rampage after a young Guardian named Cody broke the symbol power seal keeping it imprisoned in a nearby mountain, where Crustor and a group of Moogers attempted to capture it as ordered by Serrator. It was tamed by Cody and Jayden.
- Turbo Falcon Zord - Went rogue upon being released into Corinth by Professor Cog but was later tamed by the Rangers.
- Armada Megazord - Prince Vekar's Megazord. Destroyed in battle along with its pilot by the Ultimate Legendary Megazord.
- Robo Knight - Brainwashed using the energies of Orion by Vrak.
- Levira Megazord - Levira's personal Megazord. Destroyed in battle with the Legendary Megazord.
- Vivizords - Enlarged groups of Vivix footsoldiers that assist Sledge's crew and his outlaws in battle.
- Ptera Zord/Ptera Charge Megazord - Was originally under the control of Fury but claimed by the Rangers, later controlled by Lord Arcanon's crew before also being reclaimed by the Rangers.
- Fortress - Heckyl and Snide's personal Megazord created by Wrench. Destroyed by the Dino Charge Ultrazord.
- Plesio Charge Megazord Pachy-Rex Formation and Dino Charge Megazord - Were controlled by Lord Arcanon's crew, both reclaimed by the Rangers.
- Alphabetical list of Zords
- Alphabetical list of Megazords
- Evil Mecha- Super Sentai counterpart
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Evil Megazords (8 P)
Pages in category "Evil Zords"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.