|This article is about a/an zords in the Power Rangers franchise.|
Several times during the Power Rangers series, certain villains have piloted Zords of their own or overrode and taken control of the Zords belonging to the Power Rangers themselves. In truth, there is little to differentiate these machines from any other giant robot, however the word 'Zord' itself summons a feeling that the Rangers are now facing beings in some way like themselves. This motif has been used in many mediums to introduce increased tension and drama.
The first instance of this occurring was during the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, in the Green With Evil arc, in which the Rangers first fought the evil Green Ranger and his Dragonzord. In this first instance, the Zord (and the Ranger) was soon turned to the side of good - although the Dragonzord would later be used for evil again, by Goldar, Pirantishead (who also controlled the Tyrannosaurus) and by the clone of the Green Ranger. The same idea was reused at the 'culmination' of the first season of Mighty Morphin, when Goldar piloted the Warzord Cyclopsis against the Rangers. Lord Zedd also piloted a Zord called Serpentera, which was hugely powerful but never truly able to defeat the Rangers due to the fact that it was continually running out of fuel. Serpentera reappeared in the Red Ranger team-up episode, Forever Red, but was destroyed.
The idea of "evil Zords" was reused several times in later seasons, for example in Power Rangers: Turbo, during which Divatox and her minions pilot several machines called Divazords, and an episode of Power Rangers: In Space, in which Psycho Yellow takes control of the Mega Voyager while the Rangers are in it. Power Rangers Lost Galaxy also introduced the Stratoforce and Centaurus Megazords and the Zenith Carrierzord as Zords under the control of Deviot, but whose inner nature as the lost Galactabeasts allowed them to break free and join the Rangers. The Magna Defender's Torozord was also used to fight against the Galaxy Rangers on at least one occasion.
In Power Rangers: Time Force there are several giant robots that are used by Frax and are not addressed as Zords, although in Mirai Sentai Timeranger (the Sentai show that Power Rangers: Time Force came from) one of the giant robots was named the G-Zord. This was the first time that the Zord term was ever used on a Sentai program (prior to the release of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters which premiered nearly 12 years later). The G-Zord was adapted into the Dragontron robot when the footage was used on Power Rangers: Time Force.
In Power Rangers: SPD, a large assortment of giant robots are used by the monsters of the series. While not referred to as Zords, these robots are Zord-like in operation.
There is one villainous Zord in the US version which wasn't really a giant robot in the original Sentai version. That Zord is the Lothorzord, the Zord Lothor piloted at the end of Power Rangers: Ninja Storm. This was done in order to use the final battle footage from Ninpu Sentai Hurricanger, the Sentai series that Ninja Storm is based on, and since Lothor is an American-made Power Rangers villain.
List of Evil Zords:
- Dragonzord - Used against the Rangers by Tommy Oliver, the evil Green Ranger.
- Cyclopsis - Goldar's Warzord. Destroyed by the Ultrazord, twice.
- Tyrannosaurus Dinozord - Was brainwashed.
- Serpentera - Lord Zedd's personal Warzord that was hidden on the moon for years and eventually found by the remnants of the Machine Empire. Destroyed by Cole and his Wild Force Rider.
- White Tigerzord - Was forced to fight the Thunder Megazord After Rita gained control of Saba.
- Zeo Megazord - Sabotaged and taken control of by Cog Changer.
- Super Zeo Megazord - Taken control of by Impursonator.
- Robo Racer - Brainwashed.
- Metallosaurus - A Zord developed by General Havoc. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord
- Terrorzord - A Zord used by Elgar. Turned into a camel by one of Divatox's monsters by accident.
- Divazords - Three Zords piloted by Divatox, Rygog, and Porto. Destroyed by the Rescue Megazord & Turbo Megazord.
- Space Taxi Zord- Combined with the Eagle Divazord.
- Turbo Megazord (energized) - Taken control of by enemies.
- Stratoforce Megazord & Centaurus Megazord - Also known as the Phoenix Galactabeasts & Rhino Galactabeasts, they were brainwashed by Deviot.
- Zenith Carrierzord - Same reasons as the Zords above.
- Torozord - Fought the Rangers once.
- Dragontron - Remote control robot created by Frax. Destroyed by the Time Force Megazord
- Doomtron - Zord-like robot created and piloted by Frax. Destroyed by Wesley Collins & the Q-Rex.
- Dark Wildzords - Zords piloted by the Duke Org Zen-Aku. Defeated by the Wild Force Megazord, and later cleansed of evil and used by the Lunar Wolf Ranger.
- Elephant Wildzord, and Giraffe Wildzord - Also brainwashed by the Duke.
- Bear Brothers Wildzords - Likewise.
- Wildzords - All brainwashed.
- Thunderzords - Piloted by Thunder Rangers Hunter and Blake Bradley while brainwashed.
- Zurganezords 1, 2, and 3 - A trio of Zords created and piloted by Zurgane. Zurganezord 2 has a Lightning Mode similar to the Storm Megazord, while Zurganezord 3 can scan the data of the Rangers' Megazords. All destroyed.
- Hyper Zurganezord - Evil Zord created by Zurgane from data collected by Zurganezord 3 on the Storm Megazord. Also has a Power Sphere, the Hyper Sword. Destroyed by the Hurricane Megazord, Mighty Mammothzord and all of the Power Spheres
- Kaprizord - Zord piloted by Kapri. Destroyed by the Hurricane Megazord, Mighty Mammothzord and lots of Power Spheres.
- Marahzord - Beevil-lookalike Zord piloted by Marah. Destroyed by the Samurai Storm Megazord.
- Shimazuzord - A Zord piloted by Shimazu. Destroyed by the Samurai Thunder Megazord.
- Lothorzord - A Zord piloted by Lothor himself. Destroyed along with the Storm Megazord.
- Dimetrozord - Turned evil.
- Dino Stegazord - converted to evil by the White Ranger clone.
- Replicantzord - Evil clone of the Thundersaurus Megazord created by Mesogog. Destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord & Mezodon Megazord.
- Zelzord - Zord built and piloted by Zeltrax and the Triptoids. Destroyed by the Thundersaurus Megazord & Mezodon Megazord using the self-destruct sequence.
- Morato - Stolen Shrines, made by Broodwing.
- Mega Drill - Robot used by Broodwing. Destroyed.
- Giant Robots - Used by criminals to battle the rangers.
- Giga Bot
- A-Squad's Megazord - This Zord was used by the SPD A-Squad Power Rangers when they kidnapped Cruger and battled the B-Squad Rangers. Destroyed by the S.W.A.T. Megazord.
- Delta Command Crawler - Used against the Rangers.
- Centaur Megazord/Centaurus Wolf Megazord - This Zord is used by Koragg against the Mystic Force Power Rangers. The Centaur Megazord is first seen in Broken Spell, while the Centaurus Wolf Megazord is first seen in Whispering Voices as a fusion of Koragg and Catastros. Neither is seen again after Leanbow becomes the Wolf Warrior.
- Black Lance's chariot horses.
- Moltor's Zord/ Moltor Bot - An unnamed Zord built and piloted by Moltor. Destroyed by the Super DriveMax Megazord.
- Sentinel Sword - Brainwashed.
- Dragonizer - A dragon-like Zord built by Moltor, then at first piloted by the Lava Lizards and then later on by Flurious. Destroyed by the Super DriveMax Megazord.
- Lavadactyls - Pterosaur like Zords piloted by the Lava Lizards. Destroyed by the DriveMax Ultrazord and BattleFleet Zord.
- Flurious' Robot - An unnamed Zord built by Flurious and then stolen by the Fearcats. Destroyed by the Flash Point Megazord.
- Jet Robot - Used to attack San Angleas. Destroyed.
- Mig & Benglo's jet
- Commando Bot - Originally one of the Fearcats' normal robots, it was powered up by the Super Armor but still destroyed.
- Centurion Robot - The Centurion Bot was used to release the powers of the Centurion Torch. It was destroyed.
- Cybernetic Rex - A Tyrannosaurus Rex like Zord piloted by the Lava Lizards. Destroyed by the BattleFleet Megazord.
- Agrios - Created from combining multiple relics into the Octavian Chalice, Agrios was controlled by the Fearcats after fusing it with a jet. Destroyed.
- Doomsday Machine - A former Attack-Bot controlled by Venjix. Reprogrammed and modified into the Whale Zord.
- Road Attack Zord - Went rogue before being successfully controlled by the Rangers.
- Paleozord - Was controlled by General Shifter before being reclaimed by the Rangers.
- TigerZord - The TigerZord was under the Nighlok Madimot's power after being lost in the last battle against Master Xandred. It was reclaimed by Jayden.
- ScorpionCreature - A toy-exclusive design made for Deker. It is based on the Clawzord and is the only Evil Zord in the ZordBuilder system.
- BullZord - Went on a rampage after a young Guardian named Cody broke the symbol power seal keeping it imprisoned in a nearby mountain, where Crustor and a group of Moogers attempted to capture it as ordered by Serrator. It was tamed by Cody and Jayden.
- Armada Megazord - Prince Vekar's Megazord. Destroyed in battle by the Ultimate Legendary Megazord
- Robo Knight - Brainwashed by Vrak.
- Levira Megazord - Levira's personal Megazord. Destroyed in battle with the Megaforce Rangers.
Dino Charge/Dino Supercharge
- Ptera Zord - Was originally under control by Fury, reclaimed by the Rangers. Later controlled by Lord Arcanon's Crew before also being re-reclaimed by the Rangers.
- Fortress - Heckyl/Snide's personal Megazord created by Wrench. Destroyed by the Dino Charge Ultrazord.
- Plesio Charge Megazord Pachy-Rex Formation - Was controlled by Lord Arcanon's Crew, reclaimed by the Rangers.
- Dino Charge Megazord - Likewise.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Evil Megazords (8 P)
Pages in category "Evil Zords"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.