|This article is about a/an villainous army in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Zeo.|
- This article refers to Rita, Zedd and Master Vile's cadre of villains. For other characters labeled "Evil Space Aliens", see this section below.
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Rita Repulsa and her ragtag band of "evil space aliens" battled Zordon many years ago. Though Zordon successfully stopped her and imprisoned her and her minions in a space dumpster, she eventually broke free when unwitting astronauts found the space dumpster on the surface of the moon. In response to her return, Zordon and his aide Alpha 5 selected five teenagers with attitude to combat her attacks on Earth.
Later on, after Rita failed one time too many, Lord Zedd returns to the Moon Palace and takes over the command of the "evil space aliens". He banishes Rita into space and starts sending monsters of his own to the rangers.
But Rita manages to return and works together with Finster in poisoning Lord Zedd with a love potion, causing him to marry her.Not long after, Rita's brother Rito joins the fight against the Rangers, and manages to destroy the Thunderzords. However, he is defeated by their newly obtained Ninjazords.
After a while, Rita and Zedd are joined by Master Vile, Rita's father, who temporarily takes over command, much to Zedd's dismay. Master Vile succeeds in turning the Rangers into children, but retreats angrily to his home galaxy after being defeated by the Alien Rangers of Aquitar.
But Zedd and Rita still manage to defeat the earth rangers by destroying their power coins and, after the Aquatian Rangers departed to their home planet, blowing up the command center.
Power Rangers Zeo
The villains celebrated this victory with a huge party, but were soon greeted by the mighty forces of the Machine Empire. Knowing they are no match for the Empire, Rita asked her father Master Vile if they could hide with him. So the evil space aliens fled the moon in Serpentera, with Zedd vowing to return and defeat the machines. But they left Rito and Goldar behind on earth, as they were amnesiac due to receiving a blast from the Zeo crystal.
Zedd, Rita and Finster returned to the moon in a camper, soon rejoined by Rito and Goldar, having recently reclaimed their memories, planning to secretly defeat the Machine Empire. They first created the robot Louie Kaboom, who was to take over the Machine Empire in Mondo's absence, while remotely controlled by Zedd and Rita themselves. However, the remote broke, causing Louie to get out of control. After this plan failed and Louie was destroyed by the machinations of Prince Gasket and Princess Archerina, Zedd and Rita even resorted to helping the rangers multiple times, as they knew helping the Rangers would also be advantageous for themselves. Ultimately, they even directly attacked King Mondo and his Cogs with a group of Tenga Warriors, resulting in a brutal fight between the two evil factions. In the end, Zedd and Rita pretended to give up their fight against the machines, wanting to make peace with them, They gave them a present, which in reality was a bomb. Prince Sprocket opened said present, blowing up the entire Royal House of Gadgetry, with Zedd happily proclaiming they were back again.
Power Rangers Turbo
Rita and Zedd only made a small appearance in Turbo: A Power Rangers movie. Here, they are seen taking it easy at their recently reacquired Moon Palace. It seems they realized they would never defeat the Rangers and gave up their battle against them. When Divatox calls them for advice on how to defeat the Rangers, Rita sarcastically proclaims that if she knew that, she wouldn't have to listen to Lord Zedd's snoring all the time. She then advices the space pirate that the best way to deal with the Power Rangers is to simply run away from them.
Power Rangers in Space
Members of the Evil Space Aliens, including Rita, Zedd and Goldar reappeared, now part of the much larger United Alliance of Evil led by the powerful Dark Specter. They were seen at the conference on the Cimmerian Planet at the start of Power Rangers in Space, where Rita starts bickering with Divatox, clearly disbelieving the latter's claim of defeating the Rangers.
They appear again during the finale, where they are shown overseeing an attack on the Vica Galaxy, with their minions and monsters fighting the lone Gold Ranger. At first, they tell Astronema they don't like this plan of attack, but after hearing their plan comes directly from Dark Specter himself, they quickly tell her they like the plan after all.
After Andros shatters Zordon's tube, releasing a wave of good energy throughout the universe, Zedd, Rita and their army can be seen looking in terror as the wave approaches them. Rita begs Zedd to protect her, but soon after the wave hits, purifying Rita and Zedd from evil, turning them into humans, while the rest of their army is reduced to dust, destroying the Evil Space Aliens as a threat.
Power Rangers Operation Overdrive
Unfortunately, Rita and Zedd secretly conceived a son named Thrax, who made his move 9 years after his parents were defeated. He labeled his parents as a disgrace, due to the fact they turned good. Thrax vowed to complete the original mission of the evil space aliens and managed to defeat the Overdrive Rangers by working together with the other villains of the show, cutting the Rangers' ties to the Morphin Grid. His victory was short lived however, as he was met by the combined team of restored Overdrive Rangers and Retro Rangers, who soundly defeated him and his alliance of villains. He was destroyed by the newly powered Sentinel Knight, thus wiping out all remnants of this faction.
The name "Evil Space Aliens"
Because this faction is never properly named in the show itself or any associated media, this wiki refers to them as "Evil Space Aliens" to easily identify them. The name "Evil Space Alien" originates from the Mighty Morphin' toyline, where members of Rita Repulsa's gang were referred to as "Evil Space Aliens", with every evil character bearing that name, instead of being referred to by their real names.
This term also appears in later toylines as a generic name for figures of villainous characters. Most notable are characters of the Machine Empire, who, despite the faction being explicitly named in the show, are still referred to as Evil Space Aliens.
Members of Divatox' crew are also referred to as Evil Space Aliens in the Turbo toyline, while having no proper name in the show itself. But for use on this wiki, please refer to Divatox' Crew.
Figures of other villains also have been named Evil Space Alien, despite some of them being of terrestrial origin and not having anything to do with aliens or space. This is probably because the toys of these characters are already produced before the start of the show, meaning Bandai has no idea of the real names of these characters. Examples of characters bearing this name are:
- Broodwing from S.P.D.
- Hidiacs from Mystic Force
- Chillers from Operation Overdrive
- Jarrod/Dai Shi from Jungle Fury
- The Evil Space Aliens hold the distinction of being the longest active evil faction in the Power Rangers franchise, as they fought the Rangers for three consecutive seasons, while still playing an important role in the fourth season.
- This faction also features the first villainous married couple in the franchise with Rita and Zedd. Interestingly enough, the wedding of Rita and Zedd is also the only time main characters are seen marrying each other in all seasons of Power Rangers.
- The Evil Space Aliens feature the first villains that have familial ties to each other, with Master Vile being the father to Rita and Rito and Zedd being married into the family.
- The Evil Space Aliens also the first evil faction to coexist with and even actively hinder another evil faction, in this case the Machine Empire.
- They are also the only faction in which the main leaders routinely grow their monsters themselves instead of relying on another villain, external technology or the monster's innate ability to do so.
- None of their members are directly destroyed at the hands of the Power Rangers, as all of them are either destroyed or purified and turned into humans by Zordon's Energy Wave.
- Ironically, none of the corresponding Sentai villain factions have anything to do with aliens, as the Bandora Gang, Gorma Tribe and Youkai Army Corps are all from Earth.
- Bandora Gang - Super Sentai counterpart in Zyuranger. See comparison page.
- Gorma Tribe - Super Sentai counterpart in Dairanger. See comparison page.
- Youkai Army Corps - Super Sentai counterpart in Kakuranger. See comparison page.
- ↑ The toyline refers to them as Evil Space Aliens. While others later on from other series were also given that distinction, those others had in-show names for the factions they were in.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Evil Space Aliens"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.