Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about a/an set of rangers in Gosei Sentai Dairanger.|
|Gosei Sentai Dairanger|
|Led by:||Iron Face Zhang Liao|
|and later by:||Ryo of the Heavenly Fire Star|
|Rangers battled:||Copy Dairangers|
- "Shining in Heavens are Five Stars! Gosei Sentai Dairanger!"
- ―Dairangers announcing their arrival[src]
Gosei Sentai Dairanger (五星戦隊ダイレンジャー Gosei Sentai Dairenjā?), individually known as the Dairangers (ダイレンジャー Dairenjā?), are the 17th Super Sentai, composed of the descendants of the Dai Tribe who use Qi powers to fight the evil Gorma Tribe.
|RyuuRanger||Zhang Liao ► Ryo ► Ryo's grandson|
|ShishiRanger||Previous ShishiRanger ► Daigo ► Daigo's grandson|
|TenmaRanger||Previous TenmaRanger ► Shoji ► Shoji's grandson|
|KirinRanger||Previous KirinRanger ► Kazu ► Kazu's grandson|
|HououRanger||Previous HououRanger ► Rin ► Rin's granddaughter|
Eight thousand years ago, there were three tribes of the Daos Civilization that lived in harmony in Southern China. The tribes were the Dai Gorma and Shurs, who are the predecessors of today's humanity. One day the Gorma tribe wanted to take over the Daos Empire so started the war between the Gorma and the Dai tribe. The battle continued for five thousand years led by the Gorma Triumvirate. The Mythical Chi Beasts emerged to oppose the Gorma, whose powers had increased to a stage where they could become monsters. Five Dai Warriors increased their chi powers so they could control the Mythical Chi Beasts. The war ended with the disappearance of both tribes. In 1993, the Gorma Tribe re-emerged and plotted to take over the world. Master Kaku, who seems to have a strange connection to the Gorma, assembled a team of five youths with high levels of chi to fight the Gorma Tribe as the Dairanger. The Gorma Triumvirate were now made of Shadam, Gara and Zaidosu and like all other Gorma, they were ruled over by the seemingly senile 15th Emperor. Shaddam aims to be the next Emperor.
Their leader Ryou soon found out a dark secret of his past, when his father Chouryou who he thought to dead came back. He was the original leader of the Dairanger and betrayed his teammates for immortality as part of the Gorma. Once Chouryou found out the truth, he defended his son against his master the High Priest Saw and ended up dying. As he laid dying, the spirits of his four team members forgive him and gave the Dairangers the ability to combine their Mythical Chi Beasts. Later, the Gorma including Shaddam's son Akomaru were affect the Byakkoshinken, that Lin's great uncle Yufang placed in a stone. The Byakkoshinken could only be taken out by the chosen one. Once it was removed, the Kibaranger arrived and allied with the Dairanger. The Dairangers didn't know he was just a mere child and the Byakkoshinken, spoke for him to hide his identity. The child, Kou, was put inLin's care and she wasn't happy about it because he was a nuisance. Only Master Kaku knew his true identity. Kou was in great search for his mother who disappeared when he was little. Eventually the truth came about when Kou was kidnapped by the Gorma and Byakkoshinken was left alone to explain that Kou was half Gorma. His mother, who was held captive by Akomaru, communicated to the Dairanger that she branded him with a tiger mark to sustain his Gorma side.
Along their journey, the Dairanger befriend a man by the name of Kameo. Little did they and he know that he was once a great ally to the Dairanger. He found out he really was the mighty Daimugen, he was reluctant to accept his destiny but eventually did to save Kazu. As the war heated on between the Dairangers and the Gorma, Daijinryuu arrived to stop both of them. Daijinryuu is a sentinel being who maintains the natural balance of the universe and doesn't care about either side. Daijinryuu eventually went after as the Gorma as he say they were mostly responsible for the war. The Dairangerslater discovered out their mentor, Master Kaku was really one of the Gorma Tribe and next in line to be Emperor. With the appearance of Daijinryuu, he went to the Emperor to ask for a truce but was not successful in his attempt. Kaku had to make another attempt and made his pupils believe he had betrayed them so he could defeat Shadam and gain under control of the Gorma so he could call off the war. Unfortunately, Master Kaku was killed by Shadam in a duel for power. The Dairanger found strength from the friends they encountered during their journey in order to confront the Gorma Tribe. Master Kaku told his pupils, in spirit, that they shouldn't destroy the Gorma but defeat them. Eventually, the Lailai Jewels and the Earth Shaking Jewel realized they had to leave the Earth to end the madness.
Super Sentai World
Toei Hero Daishugō
The Kakurangers and Dairangers standing alongside each other on the other side.
Years later, the Space Empire Zangyack invaded Earth. This threat was so great that all of the first 34 Super Sentai, including the Dairangers, were needed to oppose them. The 34 Sentai put up a valiant fight against the ground forces, but when the Zangyack fleet itself attacked them, Akarenger told everyone to combine their powers and save the Earth. This destroyed the Zangyack fleet and resulted in the loss of their powers, which resurfaced as Ranger Keys, that were dispersed throughout the universe.
The keys were collected by AkaRed, and later utilized by the 35th Super Sentai, the Gokaigers, a group of five people from different planets who came to Earth in search of the Greatest Treasure in the Universe. The Dairangers' two encounters with the Gokaigers were made by Ryo, who, along with several other Sentai representatives, granted the greater power of his team to the Gokaigers during their teamup with the Goseigers and the return of the Black Cross King. Ryo later bumped into Gai Ikari (Gokai Silver) after he lost his Transformation Cellphone Gokai Cellular. He taught him that he didn't need to transform to be a hero. After the Gokaigers finally defeated Zangyack, they returned the Ranger Keys before they left Earth to find the second Greatest Treasure in the Universe. Shoji and Kazu were seen receiving their Ranger Keys, and acknowledged the Gokai Galleon as it left. It is assumed their teammates have their powers once more as well.
Super Hero Taisen
The five-man Dairanger team, among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, were caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident. They were presumably sent to the dimensional rift, under the pretense of being defeated, by Kamen Rider Decade while he was apparently hunting the Sentai teams. When his and Captain Marvelous' ruse was revealed, the Dairangers appeared with the other Super Sentai through the dimensional wall, they then fought alongside all the other Sentai teams and Kamen Riders against the alliance of Dai-Shocker and Dai-Zangyack.
50 years later
Fifty years later, the Gorma came back and so did the Dairanger's grandchildren as the new generation of Dairanger.
to be added
The six Dairangers later appeared with the now five official Sentai, transforming into their Ludicrous Power which combined with the others to form the Ludicrous Cannon Bazooka, which the Akibarangers used to destroy Kameari Alpaca.
Sidearms, Individual Weapons, and Attacks
- Dai Buster
- Dairen Rods
- Naginata ► Double Dragon Swords
- Bladed Sasumata ► Lion Staff
- Monk's Spade ► Pegasus Nunchakus
- RodArrow ► Qilin 9-Part Whip
- Bladed Monk's Cudgel ► Phoenix Spear
- Byakkoshinken ◆
- Chi-Power Bomber
Mythical Chi Beast System
- Legend:◆-piloted mecha, ➲ carrier mecha
- Shichisei Gattai Heavy Armor Chi Palace ◆◆◆◆◆◆➲
- Gosei Gattai Dairen'oh ◆◆◆◆◆
- Mythical Chi Beast Won Tiger/Mythical Chi Warrior Won Tiger ◆
- Super Mythical Chi Beast Daimugen/Super Mythical Chi Warrior Daimugen ➲
- Alternate Combination - Shinsei Gattai Kiba Daioh ◆◆◆◆◆
The Gosei Sentai Dairanger Ranger Keys (五星戦隊ダイレンジャーレンジャーキー Gosei Sentai Dairenjā Renjā Kī?) are what became of the Dairangers' powers after they along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
- RyuuRanger Key (リュウレンジャーキー Ryū Renjā Kī?)
- ShishiRanger Key (シシレンジャーキー Shishi Renjā Kī?)
- TenmaRanger Key (テンマレンジャーキー Tenma Renjā Kī?)
- KirinRanger Key (キリンレンジャーキー Kirin Renjā Kī?)
- HououRanger Key (ホウオウレンジャーキー Hōō Renjā Kī?)
- KibaRanger Key (キバレンジャーキー Kiba Renjā Kī?)
Gokaiger/Dairanger Gokai Change
|KirinRanger||Luka Millfy (female version)|
|HououRanger||Ahim de Famille|
Video Game appearances
Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O
The Dairangers are among all the Sentai teams which appear in the arcade game Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O
Super Sentai Battle Base
The Dairangers are among all the Sentai teams which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
- This is the first Sentai team since the Flashmen to not feature a Black Ranger.
- This is also the first Sentai team since the Livemen to have a Green Ranger on the core team.
- This is the first Sentai team to do a suitless roll call due to their powers being inaccessible before the final battle.
- The Dairangers are the the only team prior to the 2000's to have more than two members return in Gokaiger, with Ryo, Shouji and Kazu all appearing in-series.
- With Rin's predecessor as HououRanger being male, the team led by Zhang Liao is the first team, production-wise, since Sun Vulcan to be all-male.
- They are the first team to feature predecessors and successors to the team, this trend would be repeated in Gingaman, Shinkenger, and Kyoryuger.
- Their powers were used by the Mega Rangers.
- A team similar to the Dairangers named Star Force is mentioned in early casting sides for Power Rangers Super Megaforce.
- The team was never adapted into a series, but Power Rangers Super Megaforce later used the costumes to represent a Ranger team whose powers have never been seen before on Earth, the Legendary Squadron. Used as a Legendary Mode, they worked aesthetically with the White Ranger, as all six came from the same Super Sentai show.
- White Ranger - the first Power Rangers counterpart from Dairanger.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (team) - Power Rangers counterpart in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 2). See comparison page.
- Chuuka Sentai Chinaman
- Legendary Squadron - the powers were used by the Super Mega Rangers
Pages in category "Dairangers"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.