|This article is about a/an set of alternate-universe rangers in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.|
|Dōbutsu Sentai Go-Busters|
|Led by:||Masato Jin (V-Cinema)|
|Mentor:||Takeshi Kuroki (V-Cinema)|
|Location:||Earth (Go-Busters' alternate reality)|
|Battled:||Machine Empire Mechalius|
|Coexisted with:||Go-Busters (team)|
|Teamed up with:||Go-Busters (team)|
- "Dobutsu Sentai Go-Busters!"
- ―Go-Busters announcing their arrival[src]
The Dōbutsu Sentai Go-Busters (動物戦隊ゴーバスターズ Dōbutsu Sentai Gōbasutāzu) are a Sentai team, a parallel version of the Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, from an alternate reality where the Messiah incident never took place. In this reality, the Go-Busters are made up of members of the Energy Management Academy's Agricultural High School who were formed when the Earth came under attack from Machine Empire Mechalius who wished to enslave the human race.
|Red Cheetah||Hiromu Sakurada|
|Blue Gorilla||Ryuji Iwasaki|
|Yellow Rabbit||Yoko Usami|
|Gold Beetle||Masato Jin|
|Silver Stag||Beet J. Stag|
|Green Hippopotamus||Atsushi Domyoji|
|Pink Cat||Rika Sakurada|
|Black Puma||Takeshi Kuroki|
The world inhabited by the Dōbutsu Sentai Go-Busters was created by a wish made to God by Cheeda Nick after he and the Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters were killed by Azazel. He wished for a world in which the Messiah incident of 13 years ago never happened. Nick and Beet J. Stag were transported to the resulting alternate reality; Nick took the place of his alternate self, while J was found by the alternate Masato Jin.
The Team's Formation and First Battle
Hiromu took a student teaching post at the Energy Management Academy's Agricultural High School, where he encountered Yoko (a student) and Ryuji (a phys. ed. teacher), as well as the groundskeeper Jin, and the principal, Kuroki. While Hiromu, Ryuji and Yoko were gathered together to discuss Yoko's skipping of Hiromu's class, explosions rocked the city. An invasion was underway, but rather than the Vaglass, it was an attack by their alternate-universe counterparts, the Machine Empire Mechalius. Their leader, Kikai Empress Trange Star, sent the Shovel Loader (the counterpart of Vaglass' Shovelloid) to lead the attack. Jin explained that Kuroki had discovered the existence of Mechalius ten years prior, and that the two had left the Energy Management Center to form a new organization that would fight Mechalius. Kuroki proceeded to reveal the secret base beneath the academy, and officially formed the Dōbutsu Sentai Go-Busters, recruiting Hiromu, Yoko, and Ryuji to fight alongside Jin and Beet J. Stag. At first, Hiromu, Ryuji and Yoko were reluctant to accept, but Nick encouraged them to fight just as their counterparts had. The team challenged Shovel Loader and transformed for the first time, first taking out several Buglers, then defeating two Metaloid-like monsters (resembling Steamloid and Fanloid) by entering "Animal Crush Formation", stacking into the "Go-Buster Tower" and shooting them with their Ichigan Busters, then finishing them off with the Go-Buster Ball. They then fought Shovel Loader, defeating him with the Animal Bazooka's "Animal Organic Shooting". Trange Star then sent Mainteloader (a counterpart to Spannerloid with an oil pump attached to its arm) to use "Bikkuri Oil" to make the Shovel Loader grow. Kuroki then used the Animal Discs to give personalities to Usada Lettuce and Gorisaki Banana (along with Nick, who already had one), allowing the Go-Busters to use their robot, Go-Buster Animal. Shovel Loader was finally destroyed with Go-Buster Animal's "Go-Buster Animal Impact".
Bonds and Blows
After Hiromu saves Yoko from nearly falling from a cliff, they develop romantic feelings for each other. Some time later, Hiromu and Ryuji get in a fistfight while Yoko watches, with Ryuji claiming that Hiromu is being too idealistic and that they must fight to protect their loved ones. When it's over, they compliment each other's punches and become even closer friends, on a first-name basis.
The Green Wind Blows In
While fighting a monster similar to Wataameloid, the Go-Busters are disabled by its sticky cotton candy, when Atsushi Domyoji appears, declaring himself to be the sixth member of the Go-Busters and transforming into Green Hippopotamus. Yoko is immediately smitten.
The Mysterious Pink Cat
A woman calling herself Pink Cat appears before Hiromu, advising him to prevent Yoko from falling in love with Atsushi. As Hiromu demands that she reveal her identity, she does so, and turns out to be his sister, Rika.
Farewell, Green Wind
Atsushi is killed in the course of a battle. As he dies, he tells Hiromu to take care of Yoko.
Midnight Walker, Black Puma
During a fight against a giant monster similar to Cutterloid, the Go-Busters, using Go-Buster Ultimate Animal, are losing due to the loss of Atsushi. Kuroki spots the figurine of a puma on his desk and declares that he will join the fight himself, transforming into Black Puma and boarding Tategami Rai-Oh, which then combines with the other machines to form Go-Buster Perfect Animal, destroying the monster with its Perfect Animal Slash.
The Final Battle
The core five Go-Busters, along with Pink Cat, rise from the brink of defeat to destroy Trange Star using a combination of the Animal Bazooka and Pink Cat's own power.
Go-Busters vs. Go-Busters
Just as in the original timeline, Azazel appears on New Year's Eve, defeats the Go-Busters' mecha, and kills the whole team. As it happened, everyone died in the same order that year, so God gave Nick another chance at a wish. After an epiphany caused by Beet J. Stag, he wishes for the Dōbutsu Sentai Go-Busters to appear in the Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters' world and assist them in the fight against Azazel. The alternate team appear in the original timeline just before Azazel can kill them. By combining their forces, the two sets of Go-Busters are able to defeat Azazel with the Animal Bazooka and the Ichigan Buster Special Buster Mode. He then grows giant; as the Tokumei Sentai's mecha are out of action, the Dōbutsu Sentai summons Go-Buster Perfect Animal instead, and finishes Azazel for good with the Go-Buster Miracle Flash, which summons all of the team's robot formations to attack at once.
After the battle, the alternate Jin explained that since Nick's death had been prevented, the timeline of the Dōbutsu Sentai Go-Busters would cease to exist, and them along with it, but they are fine with disappearing as long as they saved the world in the process.
- Legend:◆ piloted mecha, ❖ aux mecha, ● other
- Go-Buster Ultimate Animal ◆◆◆◆◆
- Go-Buster Perfect Animal ◆◆◆◆◆
Dōbutsu Sentai Go-Busters Ranger Keys (動物戦隊ゴーバスターズレンジャーキー Dōbutsu Sentai Gōbasutāzu Renjā Kī):
- Red Cheetah Ranger Key (レッドチーターレンジャーキー Reddo Chītā Renjā Kī)
- Blue Gorilla Ranger Key (ブルーゴリラレンジャーキー Burū Gorira Renjā Kī)
- Yellow Rabbit Ranger Key (イエローラビットレンジャーキー Ierō Rabitto Renjā Kī)
- Gold Beetle Ranger Key (ゴールドビートルレンジャーキー Gōrudo Bītoru Renjā Kī)
- Silver Stag Ranger Key (シルバースタッグレンジャーキー Shirubā Sutaggu Renjā Kī)
- Green Hippopotamus Ranger Key (グリーンヒポポタマスレンジャーキー Gurīn Hipopotamasu Renjā Kī)
- Black Puma Ranger Key (ブラックピューマレンジャーキー Burakku Pyūma Renjā Kī)
- to be added
Behind the Scenes
- They are the first alternate reality Sentai team.
- While the original Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters is known for differing from most traditional Sentai tropes, the Doubutsu Sentai acts more like a traditional Sentai, albeit in a slightly exaggerated fashion. The team also references several past Sentai shows:
- The team started with five members, instead of three. They are later joined by two more rangers, thus outnumbering the original team.
- Their finisher is done with the entire team holding a cannon. The original team lacked any sort of team weapon.
- The personalities of the team members are more exuberant compared to the originals. They more or less resemble the stereotypical personalities found in traditional Sentai, while the original team's personalities where more subdued and serious.
- Green Hippopotamus is probably a reference to Dragonranger from Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger. Both are green sixth rangers of their respective teams and both die during their "series".
- The theme song resembles the opening of Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger. This is likely intentional, as it is sang by Yukio Yamagata, who also sang the Gaoranger opening.
- The Go-Buster Ball harkens back to the Gorenger Storm, the finisher of Himitsu Sentai Gorenger.
- The team logo is similar to the original logo for Choujuu Sentai Liveman.
- Even though the team itself unofficial, the "Dobotsu" in its title is later reused to create a title of the official team known as Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger. This is referenced in Super Animal War, where the Masato Jin from this team challenges the Zyuohgers to a contest to determine who has the right to bear the title "Doubutsu Sentai".
- This is also the first known case of two sentai teams having the same first word title.