|This article is about a set of rangers in the Power Rangers franchise.|
Sixth Rangers are rangers who are generally introduced outside of the core team. In most occasions they are the 6th to be introduced. However, the term 'sixth ranger' also applies to anyone outside the core team that starts regularly joining in battles. Sixth Rangers typically take on colors that are not used by the core team, though there are a few exceptions. Since the beginning, there have been 17 sixth rangers, this is due to the Aquitiar, Turbo, Lost Galaxy, and Jungle Fury Ranger teams lacking offical sixth rangers.
Of the Sixth Ranger colors, there have been 7 Silver (Silver Space Ranger, Titanium Ranger, Lunar Wolf Ranger, Mercury Overdrive Ranger, Ranger Operator Series Silver, Robo Knight, and Super Megaforce Silver); 4 Gold (Gold Zeo Ranger, Solaris Knight, Ranger Operator Series Gold, and Gold Samurai Ranger), 2 Green (Mighty Morphin' Green Ranger and Green Samurai Ranger [Ninja Storm]); 3 White (Mighty Morphin' White Ranger, White Dino Thunder Ranger and SPD Omega Ranger); and 1 Red/Crimson (Quantum Ranger)
Alternate Reality Sixth Ranger
Heroes with Debatable 6th Ranger status
- Thomas "Tommy" Oliver (Jason David Frank) is the Mighty Morphin Green Ranger in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Originally evil because he was hypnotized, he later fought for good until his powers were drained. He later became the White Ranger in season 2.
- Trey of Triforia (Ted, Tom, and Tim DiFillipo, voiced by Brad Hawkins) and Jason Lee Scott (Austin St. John) are the first and second Gold Zeo Rangers in Power Rangers Zeo.
- Zhane (Justin Nimmo) is the Silver Space Ranger in Power Rangers in Space.
- Ryan Mitchell (Rhett Fisher) is the Titanium Ranger in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue. He is unique in that he has no Sentai counterpart, as Kyukyu Sentai GoGo-V had no Sixth Ranger.
- Eric Myers (Daniel Southworth) is the Quantum Ranger in Power Rangers Time Force.
- Merrick Baliton (Phillip Andrew) is the Lunar Wolf Ranger in Power Rangers Wild Force.
- Cameron Watanabe (Jason Chan) is the Green Samurai Ranger in Power Rangers Ninja Storm.
- Trent Fernandez-Mercer (Jeffrey Parazzo) is the White Dino Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Thunder. Though technically the fifth member of his team, his Super Sentai counterpart is officially a sixth Ranger.
- Sam (Brett Stewart) is the S.P.D. Omega Ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D.. The Shadow Ranger was the first to appear, but the Omega Ranger fits the role of sixth Ranger more.
- Daggeron (John Tui) is the Solaris Knight in Power Rangers Mystic Force. The White Mystic Ranger was the first to appear, though her powers were taken away temporarily, causing Solaris Knight to fit the role of sixth ranger more.
- Tyzonn (Dwayne Cameron) is the Mercury Overdrive Ranger in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.
- Gem (Mike Ginn) and Gemma (Li Ming Hu) are respectively the Ranger Operator Series Gold (Ranger Gold) and the Ranger Operator Series Silver (Ranger Silver) in Power Rangers RPM. They are both Sixth Rangers as they are a duo.
- Antonio Garcia (Steven Skyler) is the Gold Samurai Ranger in Power Rangers Samurai and Power Rangers Super Samurai.
- Robo Knight (voiced by Chris Auer) is a hero that aids the Mega Rangers in Power Rangers Megaforce.
- Orion (Cameron Jebo) is Super Megaforce Silver for Power Rangers Super Megaforce.
- Ivan will become the Gold Dino Charge Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Charge.
As with all other CORE ranger keys, the 6th Rangers also have their own ranger keys, primarily owned and used by Orion, the Silver Mega Ranger.
The first few Sixth Rangers are more popularly known solely by their colors. When Sixth Rangers began popping up that had colors that were previously used in other seasons (starting with Titanium Ranger), the names became more creative. The first few Sixth Rangers most popularly known by color are The Green Ranger (MMPR), The White Ranger (MMPR), The Gold Ranger (Zeo), and The Silver Ranger (In Space).
Notable is Phantom Ranger, also, who some consider a Sixth Ranger. Since Black Rangers came before, he used a more creative moniker. Simple color designations returned in RPM- however as the names were reversed in order (i.e. Ranger Gold and Ranger Silver), the names remained unique.
With Samurai, the Gold Samurai Ranger has been known as Gold Ranger as well, though the Gold Zeo Ranger still draws more recall.
All Sixth Rangers retain only some of the basic designs of the core rangers but otherwise have varying degrees of added styling. Notable examples are Green Ranger who has triangles as opposed to diamonds on both gloves and boots, a gold morpher as opposed to a silver morpher, as well as gold armor, and Quantum Ranger who switches white for black and has added helmet details.
- Mike Corbett, the second Magna Defender, was at one point considered the sixth ranger for Lost Galaxy. With the upcoming Super Megaforce season, his status has been changed to Ranger-like Ally. This would also happen to Anubis Cruger, the SPD Shadow Ranger; and Udonna, the White Mystic Ranger, whom are considered Extra Rangers and Ranger-like Allies as opposed to Sixth Ranger, despite being the Sixth Ranger to appear in the season
- Ryan is the only sixth Power Ranger to not have a Sentai counterpart, as such he does not have a Ranger key, making him the only returning Ranger to not have a key.
- RPM is the only season with two Sixth Rangers, Gem and Gemma.