|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers in Space, the last installment in the Zordon Era.|
Carlos on Call is the thirty-second of Power Rangers In Space. It is the second episode of the Psycho Ranger arc.
Morphing inside of a photo booth, Carlos accidentally leaves behind photographic evidence of his transformation into the Black Ranger. Silvy Larson, daughter of his former teacher, finds the pictures and blackmails Carlos into being her friend, dragging him all around Angel Grove to various carnivals and rides, whatever she wants. Carlos finally gets fed up of her taking advantage of him, but soon he and Ashley learn the sad truth behind Silvy's neediness. To make matters worse, she's soon targeted by Datascammer, while the Psycho Rangers wait in the wings.
to be added
- Christopher Khayman Lee as Andros (Red Space Ranger)
- Roger Velasco as Carlos Vallerte (Black Space Ranger)
- Selwyn Ward as TJ Johnson (Blue Space Ranger)
- Tracy Lynn Cruz as Ashley Hammond (Yellow Space Ranger)
- Patricia Ja Lee as Cassie Chan (Pink Space Ranger)
- Justin Nimmo as Zhane (Silver Space Ranger) (credit only)
- Juliet Naulin as Silvy Larson
- Donene Kistler as Alpha 6
- Wendee Lee as Alpha 6 (voice)
- Julie Maddalena as D.E.C.A.
- Melody Perkins as Astronema
- Christopher Cho as Dark Specter (voice)
- Danny Stallcup as Ecliptor
- Walter Lang as Ecliptor (voice)
- Kenny Graceson as Elgar
- Derek Stephen Prince as Elgar (voice)
- Patrick David as Psycho Red (voice)
- Vicki Davis as Psycho Pink (voice)
- Michael Maize as Psycho Black (voice)
- Kamera Walton as Psycho Yellow (voice)
- Wally Wingert as Psycho Blue (voice)
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Datascammer (voice)
- This episode wasn't included on the Power Rangers In Space (VHS) despite being aired during the Psycho Rangers arc (presumably due to the episode not advancing the main plot, with the Psycho Rangers being inconsequential to the story).
- Although he appears with the other Psycho Rangers in this episode, Psycho Blue does not speak.
- The "next time on" and "previously on" segments in episodes surrounding this one showed a deleted scene of Carlos exiting the photo booth after morphing.
- This episode marks the first appearance of a cemetery on Power Rangers.
- It is mentioned in this episode by Mrs Larson that Carlos was one of her students, marking the only indication that the Rangers (sans Andros) have graduated Angel Grove High off-screen.
- This episode marks the first time that Richard Steven Horvitz, voice of Alpha 5, does the voice of a Power Rangers monster, having been called back to work in between working on The Angry Beavers after being let go from voicing Alpha 5. The monster, Datascammer, has a voice and personality that mirrors that of Richard's most iconic character from the early 2000s, Invader ZIM.
- The game that Carlos and Silvy play at the Juice Bar is WWF Superstars. Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan are the three wrestlers seen on screen.
- This episode indicates that, in the Power Rangers universe, space has a breathable atmosphere as Silvy is seen riding Carlos's Galaxy Glider without any form of protection. However, it's possible that the Galaxy Glider has a protective shield around the board, which allows breathable atmospheres.
- This marks the first appearance of Silvy Larson.
- Although Zhane doesn't appear in this episode, the giant wing from his Mega Winger zord was used. A similar thing occurred in the Megaranger version where Yuusaku also did not appear but the giant wing from his Mega Winger did appear.
- At one point, the back shot of Ayumi Shiraishi, Silvy's Sentai counterpart from the corresponding Megaranger was seen in the shot where she was cornered by Datascammer. While Ayumi and Silvy wear the same outfit at the shot, the only difference is Silvy's brown hair suddenly changing into black.