|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 1), Episode 1x31|
|Air date November 5, 1993|
| Written by Tom Wyner|
|Directed by Terence H. Winkless|
A Star is Born
to be added.
Kimberly wakes up in the morning and falls out of bed. It begins to rain. A minor earthquake causes her mirror to fall and break. Outside her window is Squatt. He reports back to Rita Repulsa. She orders Finster to send a monster to make Kimberly's day worse. Samurai Fan Man appears on Earth.
A soaked Kimberly arrives at school that same morning. Her umbrella is broken and she's very irritated. Tommy greets her and Kim explains that she has to show Caplan her pep rally plans in a few minutes while looking like a mess. She opens her binder to see her outline paper covered in mud. Bulk and Skull come to tease Kimberly, but Tommy tosses Bulk onto the slippery floor and into a fallen over mop bucket. Tommy offers to walk Kimberly home after school.
Tommy and Kimberly are ambushed after school by Samurai Fan Man. The monster sucks Kimberly into his giant jar, and then hurts Tommy before disappearing. Kimberly is sucked into a dimension within the jar.
Zordon alerts the others and teleports a hurt Tommy to the Command Center to heal. Zordon says that the dimension inside the jar will vanish soon. The remaining four Rangers morph and go to fight Goldar and Samurai Fan Man. The monster uses his fan to send the Rangers into another dimension, but Alpha changes their course and brings them back to the Command Center.
The Rangers return to face the Samurai Fan Man at the Putty Bowl Restaurant, an outdoor restaurant with putties as waiters. Goldar and the monster are turned into giants. Four of the Dinozords are summoned. Without Kimberly, they can't make Megazord. Tommy joins the others even though he's suffering from a migraine, but he's furious and wants revenge on Goldar and the Fan Man. Dragonzord Battle Mode is formed. The battle continues to go poorly with the Dragonzord Batlte Mode only being able to cause the Fan Man to lose his balance briefly, with the battle resembling the early stages of the Megazord's battle against the Frankenstein Monster. Before things could get ugly, they summoned the power staff. The Power Staff's finishing move is unable to harm the Fan Man, but it did break Samurai Fan Man's jar. While the Fan Man fought the Dragonzord Battle Mode, Goldar fought the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord. Kimberly is freed and she morphs. The Fan Man then uses his Samurai Lance to overpower the Dragonzord Battle Mode and force it to retreat. She calls on her zord and the Megazord is formed, breaking his lance in a stroke of luck before the Megazord and Dragonzord are blown away by the fan. Ultrazord is finally able to be used to kill Samurai Fan Man. Goldar teleports away.
At Billy's garage, Kimberly meets the others. They watch the television report about the Power Rangers' battle. When Kimberly tries to up the volume with the remote control, the television blows up. Everyone laughs.
- This is one of the few times that a monster has faced the Dinozords (sans Pterodactyl Dinozord), Megazord, Dragonzord, Dragonzord Battle Mode and Ultrazord all in one fight.
- Although not shown completely on screen, Billy is seen working on the Rad Bug. You can tell because he's doing engine work on the trunk, and classic Volkswagen Beetles' engines are in the back rather than the front (like normal cars).
- The flashback footage of Kimberly getting captured by the Samurai Fan Man was used in "Crystal of Nightmares".
- Tommy spends a great deal of the episode out of the fight because of his injury. This is the first time a Ranger is seriously hurt.
- The footage of Rita talking to Finster in the monster lab in the beginning of the episode is from High Five. You can tell because the clay figure Finster is sculpting is of Bones. This scene is actually reused quite a bit throughout the first season.
- Behind the Rangers at the Putty Bowl Cafe are their Battle Bikes, which have never been properly introduced on the American version. This is due to bad editing and using the original Japanese episode's footage. In Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, the bikes are used very often (although only by the unmorphed Zyurangers), with the Power Rangers never receiving any motorcycles until season three's "Follow That Cab!" (presumably due to the fact that the Rangers didn't need motorcycles due to their ability to teleport).
- Footage of the un-morphed Zyurangers from the Japanese version of this episode can be seen momentarily (from a distance) right after Samurai Fan Man uses his dimensional fan on the Rangers.
- A wheeled platform can be seen under Bulk during the slippery floor stunt.