|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue.|
- "Blue Ranger, Rescue ready!"
- ―Blue Lightspeed Ranger's Roll Call[src]
He is also referred to as Blue Lightspeed Rescue Ranger or Lightspeed Rescue Blue Ranger, though these are more in reference to the show than proper labels.
Known for his amazing aquatic skills, Chad often spends time scuba diving, feeling connected to the marine life. The strong and silent type, he brings to the team his exceptional martial arts ability, and water rescue skills.
Chad studied under a karate master named Tomashiro, who felt that Chad's true destiny was as a martial arts master and not a Ranger. Tomashiro then helped train a monster named Cyclopter, hoping to replace Chad as his best student (Cyclopter even defeated Chad in battle), until Cyclopter turned on him. Chad remembers everything Tomashiro taught him then and eventually defeats Cyclopter, and Tomashiro even comes to ask Chad for a tour of the Aqua Base. Chad also temporarily had a relationship with the mermaid Marina, but they parted ways eventually. Chad becomes close with fellow Ranger Kelsey during the series.
After leaving Lightspeed, Chad became a lifeguard, but returned to help his team fight an undead Vypra with the Time Force Rangers.
Legacy of Power
The Lightspeed Rangers were featured in a chronicle of Power Ranger history compiled by Tommy Oliver shortly after he formed the Dino Rangers, which was found by the nascent Ranger team in the Dino Lab.
Chad and the other Lightspeed Rangers returned as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers.
to be added
Blue Lightspeed Ranger
The Blue Lightspeed Ranger Key is Chad's personal Ranger Key. This key along with the majority of the Core Ranger Keys are seen lining the Command Center's interior walls. This key is mainly used by Noah Carver (Super Megaforce Blue) who uses it to fight as the Blue Lightspeed Ranger.
- Among several changes as he and the others fought against Emperor Mavro.
Behind the Scenes
- Chad is portrayed by Michael Chaturantabut.
- Although never referred to as it in the show, Chad's Ranger file for Lightspeed Rescue lists his Ranger designation as "Blue 2".
- He is the first Blue Ranger part of the core team to have Battlizer like armor.
- In the episode Neptune's Daughter, the face of Chad's Sentai counterpart, Nagare Tatsumi, can be seen when Chad is chasing a monster underwater.
- His friendship with Kelsey may be a call back to Billy Cranston and Trini Kwan's relationship during Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
- Chad is the first Blue Ranger to serve as second-in-command as his Sentai counterpart, followed by Sky Tate, Flynn McAllistair, Kevin and Preston Tien.
- Chad retains the calm and serious personality of his Sentai counterpart, Nagare Tatsumi.