|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Best Man for the Job is the 47th episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 2 as well the 107th episode as a whole series.
It's anything but politics as usual at Angel Grove High when Tommy runs for office at school and so does Kimberly. The competition heats up when Rita and Zedd cast an evil spell on both candidates to turn the Power Rangers against each other and crush them.
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin White Ranger)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Karan Ashley as Aisha Campbell (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Henry Cannon as Mr. Caplan
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Sandi Sellner as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice)
- Carla Perez as Rita Repulsa
- Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa (voice)
- Ed Neil as Lord Zedd
- Robert Axelrod as Lord Zedd (voice)
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice)
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt (voice)
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice) (as Colin Phillips)
- Tony Oliver as Saba (voice)
- This episode feature the first full American filmed zord battle. This would become commonplace at least once a season throughout the remainder of the Saban produced years.
- Zordon uses the Morphin Grid to create the roses needed to silence Kimberly and Tommy's excessive bickering.
- This episode marks the first time a Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger has performed a morphing sequence by pulling the morpher to their left shoulder, circulating their arms around and thrusting their morpher forward before calling out their morphing shout. This action has also been used by Jason in Wild Force's "Forever Red" and Adam in Operation Overdrive's "Once a Ranger".
- In an earlier script draft, Tommy and Kimberly were roller-blading when they tripped over the magic rope that put the hated rivalry spell on them.
- The drum that Skull has would later be seen in the background of Bulk and Skull's garage in A Zeo Beginning.
- Although Tommy had (and always would) been shown inserting Saba into the slot in Tigerzord's cockpit to convert it to Warrior Mode, while under Rita's control it somehow transformed on its own almost immediately.
- The Thunder Saber was mistakenly called the 'Power Sword'.
- While he and Kimberly are under Rita's spell, Tommy says "leave this to a professional" while they are fighting the Putties. However, Kimberly has been a Power Ranger longer than he has.