|This article is about a/an villain in Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger.|
Witch Bandora (魔女バンドーラ Majo Bandōra) is an evil witch and arch-nemesis of the Zyurangers.
170 million years ago, Bandora was originally Queen of the Dall Tribe, but went mad with grief when her son Kai was killed by a Tyrannosaurus for smashing its eggs. Swearing revenge, Bandora sold her soul to Dai-Satan for great magical powers but in doing so lost all memory of Kai, leading her to wage war on the other tribes and driving the dinosaurs to the brink of extinction before the Guardian Beasts sealed her and her followers Grifforzer, Totpat, Bookback, and Pleprechaun away on the planet Nemesis.
In 1992, she and her minions were unwittingly released by a group of astronauts and Bandora resumed her mission to turn Earth into a barren wasteland but was frequently opposed by the Zyurangers who had been put in magical stasis to awaken and protect the Earth should Bandora ever escape.
Due to her contract with Dai-Satan, Bandora possesses seemingly limitless magical powers including energy blasts, teleportation, and the ability to enlarge her monsters by invoking underworld spirits to infuse the Dora Monsters with their power upon throwing her wand into the ground. As the memories of her own son have been stripped from her, Bandora especially hates children and frequently goes out of her way to harm them or use them as pawns in her various plans. Like most Sentai arch-enemies, she gets especially furious when her plans fail, often lashing out at her underlings and developing stress headaches. She also at times displays a humorous eccentricity; breaking out into her theme song, Dora! The Song of Witch Bandora whenever things go in her favor or going on a crash diet to the point that she couldn't even properly use her magic.
During the finale, Bandora loses her powers after shedding tears over Kai's second death, as a witch only loses her power upon crying. Powerless, Bandora was sealed away once more by Shinka Gattai Daizyuzin along with her henchmen. During the last time we see her, she is overwhelmed by the cuteness of Grifforzer and Lamy's son and cradles him around.
Video Game appearances
Zyuranger video game
Witch Bandora is the villain who is confronted at the end of the fifth and last stage of the Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger video game. She fights against Tyranno Ranger Geki, who is controlled by the player. Bandora also appears in a trivia minigame where she asks the player a question related to the TV series.
- Witch Bandora is one of the Sentai Final Villains to not die at the end of their series (along with Daimaou, Long, Arch Priest Gajah, and the Emperor of Darkness Z).
- She is also the only one among them who does not have a monster form.
- Her name Bandora could be inspired by the Greek deity Pandora. The release of the Bandora Gang from the seal might be a reference to the opening of Pandora’s jar (often mistakenly called “Pandora’s box”). In Greek, the word “pithos” means “jar.” The vase-like imprisonment that Bandora and her minions were placed inside of in the finale resembles a typical pithos. Incidentally, Machiko Soga also portayed a character named Queen Pandora from Jikuu Senshi Spielban.
- Rita Repulsa - Power Rangers counterpart in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. See comparison page.
- Rita Repulsa (2017 movie) - Power Rangers counterpart . See comparison page. (2017 Power Rangers movie counterpart)