|This article is about a/an villain in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.|
Ariake No Kata was one of three generals that served under the warlord Gengetsu Kibaoni in the past, with her mask being preserved after her death.
Ariake No Kata was the last of Kibaoni's generals to be revived by Kyuemon Izayoi in the present day. Though Kyuemon hoped not to revive her until later, the page of Kibaoni saw no choice but to do so after witnessing the Last Ninja's grandchildren use the power of Lion Ha-Oh to destroy the Advanced Youkai Nue, proceeding to infuse her mask with collected fear energy.
During Shinobi 43, her overflowing grief and rage of Mangetsu's death was used by Kyuemon Izayoi to resurrect her husband, Kibaoni Gengetsu.
Even after her husband's return, she remains unsettled due to her son's death and wishing he was still alive. She becomes more unsettled when she learns that Kyuemon is Kibaoni's son born from a concubine, information that almost left her broken.
Video Game appearances
Super Sentai Battle Base
Ariake no Kata is among the vast pantheon of villains which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Ariake is an imperious, shrewish woman who is extremely vain, often using the fear Kyuemon Izayoi gathers as a beauty aid to wipe away her wrinkles so she will remain beautiful when Gengetsu Kibaoni returns. Whenever something goes wrong, or otherwise becomes upset, she is quick to blame and scold either Izayoi or Masakage Tsugomori while demanding that either of them fix it. Despite being a very powerful combatant, Ariake is more than willing to flee a battle in order to preserve herself and her beauty, leaving the yokai to finish battling the Ninningers.
Powers and Abilities
She uses a fan both as a melee weapon as well as launching explosive projectiles from it. She is an adapt fighter and, when fighting along side Jukkarage, she is capable of holding her ground against multiple Ninningers.
Behind the Scenes
- Height: 192 cm
- Weight: 203 kg
Araike No Kata is voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi (三石 琴乃 Mitsuishi Kotono?), who made a cameo appear in Come Back! Shuriken Sentai Ninninger: Ninnin Girls vs. Boys FINAL WARS as her human disguise. Her suit actor is Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi?).
- Ariake No Kata's name refers to the moon on the 26th day of a cycle, where it makes a crescent along the left face, which is a typical depiction of a "crescent moon"
- Ariake No Kata's facial design features an incomplete Onna-kei mask from Noh theatre, with the the missing section being the eyes and nose area.
- Ariake No Kata is likely based on the Ao nyōbō based on their similar personalities.
- Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
- Shinobi 21: Burn! Ninja Baseball of Dreams
- Shinobi 22: Super Combination! Ha-Oh Shurikenjin
- Shinobi 23: It's Summer! Ninja Courage Test
- Shinobi 24: It's Summer! The Chilling Arrival of Western Yokai!
- Shinobi 25: It's Summer! Beware of Dracula
- Shinobi 26: It's Summer! Last Ninja Race Intermediate Announcement!
- Shinobi 27: It's Summer! Chozetsu Star is Born!
- Shinobi 28: Race to It! The Kibaoni Ninja Squad
- Shinobi 31: The Runaway Ninja!
- Shinobi 32: Extremely Hot Ninja! Acha!
- Shinobi 33: The Kunoichi That Loved Yakumo
- Shinobi 34: Enter Jiraiya, Legendary World Ninja!
- Shinobi 35: Kinji Enters the Yokai Labyrinth!
- Shinobi 37: Shuriken Legend ~The Road to Last Ninja~
- Shinobi 38: The Witch Girl Loves Yakumo?
- Shinobi 39: Kibaoni's Son, Mangetsu Appears!
- Shinobi 40: Look Out For Santa Claus!
- Shinobi 41: The Five Games of the Kibaoni Party!
- Shinobi 42: OtomoNin Wars! Nekomata Strikes Back
- Shinobi 43: The Legendary Ninja! Yokai Karuta Tactics
- Shinobi 44: The Final Battle! The Ordeals of the Last Ninja
- Shinobi 46: The Last Shuriken Appears! (Death)
- Come Back! Shuriken Sentai Ninninger: Ninnin Girls vs. Boys FINAL WARS