|This article is about a/an actress in the Power Rangers franchise.|
Amy Jo Johnson (born October 6, 1970) is an American actress, singer/songwriter and musician. She played Kimberly Ann Hart, the Pink Ranger, in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. She also plays the feature film incarnation of the same character in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.
Johnson is also well known for playing Julie Emrick on The WB's college drama Felicity, where she started her music career and released her first single called "Puddle of Grace". She is also known for playing the rookie cop Stacy Reynolds on the Lifetime police drama The Division, and the champion jockey Tina Sharp on the TV drama Wildfire.
Between 2008 and 2013, Johnson became one of the stars of the Canadian hit series Flashpoint. For her starring role as SRU negotiator Jules Callaghan, she was nominated for the 2009 Gemini Awards for Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role.
In 2015 she became a naturalised Canadian citizen.
- Tiger Eyes (2012)
- Summer Song (2012)
- Veritas, Prince of Truth (2007)
- Fatal Trust (2006)
- Islander (2006)
- Magma: Volcanic Disaster (2006)
- Arbie (2005)
- Hard Ground (2003)
- Infested (2002)
- Interstate 60 (2002)
- Liars Club (2001)
- Pursuit of Happiness (2001)
- Sweetwater (1999)
- Cold Hearts (1999)
- Without Limits (1998)
- Perfect Body (1997)
- Killing Mr. Griffin (1997)
- Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie (1997)
- Susie Q (1996)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995)
- Flashpoint (2008–2013)
- Wildfire (2005–2007)
- What About Brian (2006)
- The Division (2004)
- Felicity (1998–2002)
- Spin City (2002)
- ER (2001)
- Night Visions (2001)
- The Eddie Files (1997)
- Saved by the Bell: The New Class (1996)
- Campus Cops (1996)
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (1993–1995)
- Day of the Dumpster (original version)
- Flashpoint - Season 3 (Performer: "Goodbye")
- Flashpoint - Season 1 (Performer: "Dancing In-between")
- The Division - Season 4 (Performer: "Cat In The Snow")
- Felicity - Season 1 (Performer: "Puddle Of Grace")
- Felicity - Season 2 (Performer: "Clear Blue Day")
- Power Ranger - Season 2 (Performer: "We Wish You A Merry Christmas")
- Power Ranger - Season 2 (Performer: "Down The Road")
- In Memory of My Father (2005)
- Lines (2016, short)
- The Space Between (2014)
- Felicity (1998) (composer: main title theme)
- I Love the '90s" (2004)
- The Sharon Osbourne Show
- Episode dated 11 March 2004 (2004)
- The Rosie O'Donnell Show
- Episode dated 31 May 2000 (2000)
- The More You Know (1989)
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder
- The Lost Episode (1999)
- Power Rangers Funniest Moments
- Power Rangers Turbo
- Shift Into Turbo, Part 1 (1997)
- Power Rangers Zeo
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- Master Vile and the Metallic Armor (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger) (morphed only) (1995)
- Lord Zedd's Monster Heads: The Greatest Villains of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1995)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Stupid: The Misadventures of Bulk and Skull (1995)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Sega CD) (1995)
Amy Jo Jonhson's CDs
- The Trans-American Treatment (2001)
- Imperfect (2005)
- Since You're Gone (2007) [EP]
- Dancing In-Between (2008) [Single]
- Souvenirs (2008)
- Felicity Soundtrack (1999)
- Sweetwater Soundtrack (1999)
- Despite having left the cast since "A Different Shade of Pink", footage of Amy Jo Johnson is used in the opening of MMPR from "Rita's Pita" and "Alien Rangers of Aquitar".
- Amy Jo Johnson actually had a gymnast career prior to Power Rangers, but it ended after she chipped the bone in one of her elbows. This is a complete reversal of Kimberly - was originally a Power Ranger, but left to pursue a gymnast career.
- She wrote the story, 'Memories of My Mother' in the book 'Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff'.
- Her pleasures includes music, painting, and writing. Her painting talent was showcased in the episode Blue Ranger Gone Bad and her musical talents were showcased in The Song Of Guitardo.
- She is a fan of The Grateful Dead, along with many other classic rock bands.
- She is known to play the guitar and piano.
- She was one of the attendents to fellow Mighty Morphin Power Rangers co-star, Thuy Trang's, funeral in 2001, along with David Yost, Austin St. John and Walter Emanuel Jones. She was among the speakers at the funeral.
- She is the longest serving Power Ranger actress, with the longest serving actor being Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver).
- Out of all of the 5 original cast members, she was the only one present when her character departed from the series.
- She is confirmed to have a MySpace page .
- She currently mothers a daughter named Francesca, born in December 2008.
- She is said to be the most successful actress after her stint in Power Rangers.
- She's the only actor out of the original six to have never been played by a body double or substitute after leaving the show.
- Ironically, in an interview, she claims she hates the color pink, even though she was cast as the Pink Ranger. However, in episodes Crystal of Nightmares, Switching Places and Happy Birthday, Zack, she occasionally wore purple clothing over her pink clothing.
- She shares her name with a famous British aviator called Amy Johnson who was piloted during World War II.
- In a recent interview conducted by NoPinkSpandex.com, it seems that Amy is finally coming to grips with her work on Power Rangers, because she is laughing and remembering fond memories of everyone she worked with.  This is in sharp contrast to what she said on I Love the 90s: 1993, in which stated that being on the show as Kimberly was something that she will never be able to live down, which was later implied by her in the later interview to be something she shouldn't have said. This is similar to actors Jaleel White and Paul Reubens, who suffered from typecasting themselves because they were so tightly defined by the characters that they created, but they too came to terms with it years later.
- In this same interview, Amy Jo reveals that like Kimberly and her friendship with Trini, she and Thuy Trang were very close friends. She related a story about how the two had a sleepover, and the morning after an earthquake hit. They were both called into work the same morning.
- In a later No Pink Spandex interview, conducted in 2013, Amy Jo states that she would have loved to come back to reprise her role as Kimberly for Super Megaforce.
- Official Site
- Amy Jo Johnson's Myspace
- Amy Jo Johnson at tv.com
- Amy Jo Johnson at imdb.com
- Amy Jo Brasil
- Official Twitter