|This article is about a/an ranger in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, existing in a different continuity than the TV series.|
- "Bad Move, Sparky. You play with fire, you're gonna get burned."
- ―Adam fighting Scorpitron.[src]
:For the original TV version of this character, see Adam Park.
When the Command Center was destroyed, the Rangers were forced to teleport to Phaedos in order to retrieve the Great Power with the last remaining power of the Command Center, to the dying Zordon's protests.
Once there, he and the other rangers meet Dulcea, who once learning of their mentor Zordon's plight, helps them tap into the power of the Ninjetti, where Adam learned that in him is an animal spirit waiting to be released - his being the Frog (to his dismay). As Ninjetti, he and the rangers travel to the Monolith in order to retrieve the Great Power. Though waylaid by the Gatekeepers, Adam and the others manage to access the Monolith, which also bore the Frog symbol among its many creature emblems. It's here where Adam gained the power of the Frog Ninjazord. The zords return the rangers' powers and Adam finds himself clad in his familiar ranger armor with the Frog's symbol emblazoned on his chest.
He returned to Angel Grove with the other Rangers to battle Ivan Ooze and emerged victorious. With his Ninjetti power, he, along with the other rangers managed to revive the dying Zordon, reconstruct his plasma tube and return the Command Center to a fully-functioning state.
As part of NYCC 2015, Bandai released an exclusive Dino Charge Mighty Morphin' Movie Charger set with each Dino Charger depicting four pictures. In Mighty Morphin' Black's case, it featured his Ranger form, the Power Blaster, the Frog NinjaZord, and the MMPR Movie title.
Differences with TV version
- The opening narration states that Zordon and Alpha 5 chose six teenagers to become the Rangers. However, it's unknown how this statement relates to the second batch of rangers from the show - Rocky, Adam and Aisha.
- The Mastodon helmet is more 3-dimensional in design than the TV version. Also it lacks the white lines that run along the mastodon details.
- Adam's actor, Johnny Yong Bosch, was one of the few actors in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie to do his own stunts. Johnny did all of his morphed and Ninjetti suit stunts, because his stunt actor broke his leg during training.
- It was Bosch's idea to have Adam be unhappy about being given the Frog power.
- Like the TV series, Adam's costume design was based on the Zyurangers, like the rest of the Rangers. Specifically, Adam's costume was based on MammothRanger. However it bore the chest symbol, unlike the show, but much like the Power Rangers toyline figures and early promotional art.
- His 'new' Frog powers and zord were based from the TV show Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.
- Adam is the only ranger in the movie to not use a weapon or have a feature on his helmet.
- In 2017, vinyl toy company The Loyal Subjects produced a series of Action Vinyls based on the 1995 film, with blind boxes containing either a figure, or a Zord with a corresponding minifigure. What is notable is that while the figures and minifigures are based on the film (and therefore include Adam, Rocky, and Aisha instead of Zack, Jason, and Trini) the Zords are based on the Dinozords instead of the Ninjazords, which is unusual as the replacement Rangers never operated the Dinozords on the show. If one considers this canonical, then it would mean that in the 1995 movie universe, the Dinozords were never destroyed (until the film) or transformed into Thunderzords.
- The Loyal Subjects' profile card for Adam references the events of The Ninja Encounter and mentions him as a "competitor in the final round of the Angel Grove Team Ninja competition." However, it doesn't outright mention that he replaced Zack. Based on the limited info provided by the cards and the film itself, either Adam, Aisha, and Rocky were replacement Rangers similar to TV show continuity, or the 1995 Rangers were first formed during that event.
- In July 2017, The Loyal Subjects also released an "Evil Black Ranger" figure with Putty head as a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive. Although the figure appears to be a reference to the Black Mutant Ranger from the Season 1 episode Mighty Morphin' Mutants and was supposed to be Zack's evil counterpart, the text on the back of the figure's card is from Adam's profile card instead of being a description of Zack. If one considers this canonical, then the events of Mighty Morphin' Mutants (or similar) also happened in the movie universe, but with Adam, Aisha, and Rocky instead.
- ↑ http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2015/10/01/bandais-power-rangers-nycc-2015-exclusives-announced/#more-13970
- ↑ https://www.theloyalsubjects.com/blog/its-morphin-time-power-rangers-exclusives-available-walmart
- ↑ https://www.theloyalsubjects.com/blog/target-exclusive-power-rangers
- ↑ https://www.powerrangersnow.com/loyal-subjects-sdcc-2017-exclusives-announced/
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie|
|Tommy Oliver - Rocky DeSantos - Adam Park - Billy Cranston - Aisha Campbell - Kimberly Ann Hart|
|Power Morphers - Power Coins - Power Blasters - Power Scope - Power Beams - Stega Stinger - Pterodactyl Thunder Whip - Saba - Ninjetti - Wrist Communicators|
|Zordon - Alpha 5 - Dulcea - Fred Kelman|
|Zords and Megazords|
|Ninja FalconZord - Ninja ApeZord - Ninja FrogZord - Ninja WolfZord - Ninja BearZord - Ninja CraneZord|
|Ninja Megazord - Ninja FalconMegazord|
|Lord Zedd - Rita Repulsa - Ivan Ooze|
|Goldar - Mordant|
|Oozemen - Tengu Warriors - Gatekeepers - Hornitor - Scorpitron|
|View • Talk • Edit|
Zack • Adam • Corcus • Carlos • Danny • Tommy • Will • Dillon • Jake • Chase
Adam (alternate continuity) • Zack (2016 comic) • Zack (alternate continuity)
|View • Talk • Edit|