|This article is about a/an episode in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
|Act 27: Switched Lives|
|Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Episode 27|
Act 26: Decisive Match Number One
Act 28: The Lantern Samurai
Switched Lives is the twenty-seventh episode of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.
When an emissary of a powerful Ayakashi switches the bodies of the Shinkenger with inanimate objects, Chiaki and Kotoha must figure out their own strategy for stopping it.
Chiaki and Kotoha go to pick up some sushi from Genta and tell him that Takeru is healing well from his fight against Juzo. The Ayakashi Abekonbe, who transfers people's souls into inanimate objects, appears to terrorize the city. Shinken Green and Shinken Yellow engage him and are joined by their teammates. Afterwards, Chiaki and Kotoha discover that their teammates' souls have been imprisoned inside a Maneki Neko statue (Takeru), a piece of sushi (Genta), an electric fan (Mako), and a cheeky figural (Ryunosuke). Faced with the task of figuring out how to undo Abekonbe's curse without killing him, Chiaki and Kotoha devise a risky strategy for their next encounter with the Ayakashi. Shinken Green and Shinken Yellow successfully trick Abekonbe into switching bodies with Shinken Green and eventually force him to undo his curse; this comes just in the nick of time for Genta, who, as the piece of sushi, was about to be eaten by a hungry cat. Using the Inromaru, Super Shinken Green and Shinken Yellow use Daikai-Shinkenoh to destroy the enlarged Abekonbe. Afterwards, Genta remains traumatized by his brush with death, and Abekonbe's master emerges from the Sanzu River.
- Key Title Kanji: 替 (Change; the tactic of the Ayakashi to switch people with inanimate objects)
- The object Ryunosuke's soul was switched with was a replica of Manneken Pis, which is a statue associated with Brussels in Belgium.
- Mako's soul getting switched with an electric fan is a possible reference to Houka (MagiPink) from Magiranger who often would transform into a electric fan as part of her shape-shifting abilities.
- First appearance of Akumaro.
Home video releases
- The second volume of the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Blu-Ray Box Set comes with episodes 17-33, including the Kamen Rider Decade crossover, and was released on April 11th 2014 at a cost of 20,790 yen.