|This article is about a/an episode in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
Sushi Samurai (寿司侍 Sushi Samurai) is the seventeenth episode of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. It is the debut of the sixth Shinkenger, Shinken Gold.
Takeru finds himself under attack by a mysterious power that sneaked into the mansion, while the retainers investigate a strangely suspicious sushi salesman who also broke in.
Returning after what seemed to be a false detection of an Ayakashi attack on the Gap Sensor, the Shinkengers find an arrow with a note on it that says "Coming Soon" with Takeru sensing something from before within the house as it starts to haunt him. Deciding to investigate the Gap Sensor, the vassals encounter a sushi-selling man whose hand writing matches the note. After the seller gives them the slip with spicy sushi, Ryunosuke and Mako go to Shojo Valley to find Takeru while Chiaki and Kotoha track down the sushi seller. By the time they find him, Shinken Blue and Shinken Pink find Shinken Red confronting the Ayakashi Isagitsune who was spying on Takeru to find out the Shiba sealing character. With his mirror medium destroyed, Isagitsune overwhelms the three with his magic as Chiaki and Kotoha coming with the sushi seller following.
But even all five Shinkengers are no match for Isagitsune as they revert to normal as the seller arrives to their aid, transforming into Shinken Gold. After taking out the Nanashi in blinding speed, Shinken Gold battles Isagitsune and destroys him. When Isagitsune revives, he overpowers Tenku-Shinkenoh until Shinken Gold enters the fight in the Ika Origami to weaken the Ayakashi so Tenku-ShinkenOh can land the deathblow. After the fight, Takeru reveals to his vassals that he already knows the sushi seller, Genta Umemori, an old friend of his.
- Takeru Shiba (志葉 丈瑠 Shiba Takeru): Tori Matsuzaka (松坂 桃李 Matsuzaka Tōri)
- Ryunosuke Ikenami (池波 流ノ介 Ikenami Ryūnosuke): Hiroki Aiba (相葉 裕樹 Aiba Hiroki)
- Mako Shiraishi (白石 茉子 Shiraishi Mako): Rin Takanashi (高梨 臨 Takanashi Rin)
- Chiaki Tani (谷 千明 Tani Chiaki): Shogo Suzuki (鈴木 勝吾 Suzuki Shōgo)
- Kotoha Hanaori (花織 ことは Hanaori Kotoha): Suzuka Morita (森田 涼花 Morita Suzuka)
- Genta Umemori (梅盛 源太 Umemori Genta): Keisuke Sohma (相馬 圭祐 Sōma Keisuke)
- Hikoma Kusakabe (日下部 彦馬 Kusakabe Hikoma): Gorou Ibuki (伊吹 吾郎 Ibuki Gorō)
- Shitari of the Bones (骨のシタリ Hone no Shitari, Voice): Chō (チョー)
- Shinken Red - Shishi (Shinkenmaru - Go-Jyuu No Tachi), Shishi (Shinkenmaru), Hidden Shield, Tora (Tora Origami)
- Shinken Blue - Ryuu (Shinkenmaru - Go-Jyuu No Tachi), Hidden Shield, Kajiki (Kajiki Origami)
- Shinken Pink - Kame (Shinkenmaru - Go-Jyuu No Tachi), Hidden Shield
- Shinken Green - Kuma (Shinkenmaru - Go-Jyuu No Tachi), Kabuto (Kabuto Origami), Hidden Shield
- Shinken Yellow - Saru (Shinkenmaru - Go-Jyuu No Tachi), Hidden Shield
- Shinken Gold - Sushi (Sushi Changer), Sushi (Sakanamaru - Hyaku Mai Oroshi), Ika (Ika Origami)
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Decade episode 20, The Nega-World's Dark Riders
- Key Title Kanji: 寿 (The first kanji of "sushi", referring to the trade of new Shinkenger, Genta Umemori)
Home video releases
- The second volume of the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Blu-Ray Box Set comes with episodes 17-33, including the Kamen Rider Decade crossover, and was released on April 11th 2014 at a cost of 20,790 yen.
Samurai Sentai Shinkenger DVD Volume 5 features episodes 17-20: Act 17: The Sushi Samurai, Act 18: Samurai Promotion, Act 19: Learning the Samurai Disposition and Act 20: The Ebi Origami's Transformation.