|This article is about a/an episode in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
The Power of Kuroko (黒子力 Kuroko no Chikara) is the sixteenth episode of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.
Ryunosuke, Chiaki, and Kotoha are forced to observe the Kuroko for a day to understand their job for the Shiba Clan and the city.
Some time after the working on their Mojikara training, on Jii's suggestion after causing a priceless vase to break, Ryunosuke, Chiaki, and Kotoha become curious about the kurokos' helpful nature as Takeru reveals they even help everyone in the city. Inspired, Ryunosuke, Chiaki, and Kotoha attempt to be of help to the community, only causing trouble with a kuroko outdoing them at every time. Chiaki, Ryunosuke and Kotoha try helping a lost girl. But as a result, Chiaki and Ryunosuke scare her. Kotoha tries and she tells a officer. The officer thinks Kotoha is lost. But their intent to help others hampers their abilities when they go up against the shy Ayakashi Marigomori before he runs off. After talking to the three that the kuroko also support them by ensuring they can fight without any one getting in the cross fire, the Shinkengers respond to Marigomori resuming his attack. Using a combination of Mojikara element attacks, the Shinkengers weaken Marigomori's shell before destroying him with the Tora Five Rings Bullet as the kuroko cheer them on. When Marigomori is resurrected, Shinkenoh uses the Kabuto and the Kajiki Origami to re-weaken the Ayakashi's shell for the Tora-Shinkenoh to finish him off. Later, the gang watch the kuroko working hard as one of them gets on Jii's bad side for breaking a priceless heirloom.
- Takeru Shiba (志葉 丈瑠 Shiba Takeru): Tori Matsuzaka (松坂 桃李 Matsuzaka Tōri)
- Ryunosuke Ikenami (池波 流ノ介 Ikenami Ryūnosuke): Hiroki Aiba (相葉 裕樹 Aiba Hiroki)
- Mako Shiraishi (白石 茉子 Shiraishi Mako): Rin Takanashi (高梨 臨 Takanashi Rin)
- Chiaki Tani (谷 千明 Tani Chiaki): Shogo Suzuki (鈴木 勝吾 Suzuki Shōgo)
- Kotoha Hanaori (花織 ことは Hanaori Kotoha): Suzuka Morita (森田 涼花 Morita Suzuka)
- Hikoma Kusakabe (日下部 彦馬 Kusakabe Hikoma): Gorou Ibuki (伊吹 吾郎 Ibuki Gorō)
- Dokoku Chimatsuri (血祭 ドウコク Chimatsuri Dōkoku, Voice): Rintarō Nishi (西 凛太朗 Nishi Rintarō)
- Dayu Usukawa (薄皮 太夫 Usukawa Dayū, Voice): Romi Park (朴 璐美 Paku Romi)
- Shitari of the Bones (骨のシタリ Hone no Shitari, Voice): Chō (チョー)
- Juzo Fuwa (腑破 十臓 Fuwa Jūzō): Mitsuru Karahashi (唐橋 充 Karahashi Mitsuru)
- Marigomori (マリゴモリ Voice): Mitsuhiro Ichiki (市来光弘 Ichiki Mitsuhiro)
- Housewife: Midori Kodachi (木立美鳥 Kodachi Midori), Masako Watanabe (渡辺真砂子 Watanabe Masako)
- Old Man: Eisuke Yoda (依田英助 Yoda Eisuke)
- Woman: Tomoko Matsumoto (松本朋子 Matsumoto Tomoko)
- Child: Ayana Takagi (高木彩那 Takagi Ayana)
- Police: Keisuke Niimi (にいみ啓介 Niimi Keisuke)
- Kuroko: Naoko Kamio (神尾 直子 Kamio Naoko), Masaru Ōbayashi (大林 勝 Ōbayashi Masaru), Hiroyuki Muraoka (村岡 弘之 Muraoka Hiroyuki), Hiroyuki Tanaka (田中 宏幸 Tanaka Hiroyuki), Mizuho Nogawa (野川 瑞穂 Nogawa Mizuho), Ryo Yokota (横田 遼 Yokota Ryō), Gen'ya (玄也), Hiroaki Nakamura (中村 博亮 Nakamura Hiroaki), Makoto Endo (遠藤誠 Endō Makoto)
- Shinken Red - Shishi (Shinkenmaru), Kyoutsuu (Rekka Daizantou), Tora (Ozutsu Mode), Shishi + Ryuu + Kame + Kuma + Saru (Tora Gorindan), Hidden Shield, Tora (Tora Origami)
- Shinken Blue - Kyoutsuu (Water Arrow), Ryuu (Water Arrow), Hidden Shield, Kajiki (Kajiki Origami)
- Shinken Pink - Kyoutsuu (Heaven Fan), Kame (Heaven Fan), Hidden Shield
- Shinken Green - Kyoutsuu (Wood Spear), Kuma (Wood Spear), Hidden Shield, Kabuto (Kabuto Origami)
- Shinken Yellow - Kyoutsuu (Land Slicer), Saru (Land Slicer), Hidden Shield
- to be added
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Decade episode 19, Ending Journey
- Key Title Kanji: 黒 (Black, the first kanji of "Kuroko")
Home video releases
- The first volume of the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Blu-Ray Box Set comes with the show's first 16 episodes, as well as the director's cut of the first two episodes, and was released on February 7th 2014 at a cost of 20,790 yen.