|This article is about a/an episode in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
A trickster Ayakashi steals Chiaki's identity in order to cause discord between Shinken Green and the rest of his team.
Frustrated with being unable to master the catching sword, Chiaki goes off to train on his own. The Ayakashi Narisumashi appears close to where Chiaki is training, so Chiaki confronts him. Shinken Green makes short work of the Nanashi, but he is knocked out by Narisumashi and depowered. While the Shinkengers are battling the Nanashi, Narisumashi assumes Chiaki's appearance and taunts them. When Chiaki comes to, he finds his teammates angry with him, though Takeru thinks something is amiss. Narisumashi continues his plan of ostracizing Chiaki from the Shinkengers by pulling pranks on them using Chiaki's appearance, and, having done so successfully, assumes Kotoha's appearance to get close enough to kill Chiaki while his guard is down. However, Chiaki discovers the Ayakashi's deception, so he tricks Narisumashi into going after the other Shinkengers at Mt. Kurogane. When Narisumashi arrives at Mt. Kurogane, Chiaki exposes him. During one-on-one combat with Narisumashi, Shinken Green successfully disarms the Ayakashi, then joins Shinken Red in landing the deathblow with the Kabuto Five Rings Bullet. Tenku-Shinkenoh then destroys the resurrected Narisumashi. As they return home, the other Shinkengers apologize to Chiaki about the joke. Meanwhile, Dayu finds Juzo's body washed up on the shores of the Sanzu River.
- Shinken Red - Kyoutsuu (Rekka Daizantou), Hidden Shield, Tora (Tora Origami)
- Shinken Blue - Hidden Shield, Kajiki (Kajiki Origami)
- Shinken Pink - Hidden Shield
- Shinken Green - Kuma (Shinkenmaru - Kogarashi no Mai), Kabuto (Ozutsu Mode), Shishi + Ryuu + Kame + Kuma + Saru (Kabuto Gorindan), Hidden Shield, Kabuto (Kabuto Origami)
- Shinken Yellow - Hidden Shield
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Decade episode 18, Idle Hibiki
- Key Title Kanji: 偽 (Fake; refers to the scheme of the Ayakashi in making a fake Chiaki)
Home video releases
- The first volume of the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Blu-Ray Box Set comes with the show's first 16 episodes, as well as the director's cut of the first two episodes, and was released on February 7th 2014 at a cost of 20,790 yen.
- Stuck on Christmas - footage is used in this Power Rangers Super Samurai special