|This article is about a/an episode in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
The Foreign Samurai (異国侍 Ikoku no Samurai) is the fourteenth episode of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.
Ryunosuke is placed in charge of a foreigner inspired by the Shinkenger to become a samurai.
Ryunosuke is having a good day when he meets a man named Mister Brown. Mister Brown was one of the innocent bystanders poisoned by Yamiororo during his battle with the Shinkengers. After seeing the Shinkengers transform and rescue the city, Mister Brown dubs himself their number one fan and begs to be taught the ways of Bushidō. The group decides to have Ryunosuke run Mister Brown through a grueling training regimen, hoping that Mister Brown will quit out of frustration. Ryunosuke feels guilty about the deliberate intent, deciding to encourage him not to give up. Mister Brown, feeling that he is learning well, is so encouraged by his supposed progress that he places himself in harm's way when the other Shinkengers take on the Ayakashi Hachouchin. Hachouchin is on the brink of defeating the Shinkengers when he retreats, needing to rehydrate. Later, when Mister Brown meets up with Ryunosuke for his next training session, Ryunosuke tells him that he cannot train Mister Brown anymore and leaves. Mister Brown misinterprets Ryunosuke's words, thinking that he has mastered his training, and joins the Shinkengers as they prepare to confront Hachouchin the next day. After Hachounin's sucker punch nearly kills Mister Brown, Shinken Blue launches the first assault against Hachouchin, and the other Shinkengers follow suit before Hachouchin takes all five down easily. Mister Brown implores the Shinkengers to keep fighting, which revitalizes their fighting spirit. Shinken Red hands off the Rekka Daizanto Oozutsu Mode to Shinken Blue, who, alongside Mister Brown, uses the Kajiki Five Rings Bullet to destroy Hachouchin's first life with Tenku-Shinkenoh destroying the Ayakashi for good. Afterwards, Mister Brown announces that he is returning to his home country to teach Bushidō to his fellow citizens, and Ryunosuke and the other Shinkengers wish him good luck.
- Takeru Shiba (志葉 丈瑠 Shiba Takeru): Tori Matsuzaka (松坂 桃李 Matsuzaka Tōri)
- Ryunosuke Ikenami (池波 流ノ介 Ikenami Ryūnosuke): Hiroki Aiba (相葉 裕樹 Aiba Hiroki)
- Mako Shiraishi (白石 茉子 Shiraishi Mako): Rin Takanashi (高梨 臨 Takanashi Rin)
- Chiaki Tani (谷 千明 Tani Chiaki): Shogo Suzuki (鈴木 勝吾 Suzuki Shōgo)
- Kotoha Hanaori (花織 ことは Hanaori Kotoha): Suzuka Morita (森田 涼花 Morita Suzuka)
- Hikoma Kusakabe (日下部 彦馬 Kusakabe Hikoma): Gorou Ibuki (伊吹 吾郎 Ibuki Gorō)
- Dokoku Chimatsuri (血祭 ドウコク Chimatsuri Dōkoku, Voice): Rintarō Nishi (西 凛太朗 Nishi Rintarō)
- Dayu Usukawa (薄皮 太夫 Usukawa Dayū, Voice): Romi Park (朴 璐美 Paku Romi)
- Shitari of the Bones (骨のシタリ Hone no Shitari, Voice): Chō (チョー)
- Hachouchin (ハチョウチン Hachōchin, Voice): Yoshimitsu Shimoyama (下山吉光 Shimoyama Yoshimitsu)
- Richard Brown: John Kaminari
- Shinken Red - Shishi (Shinkenmaru - Kaen No Mai), Kyoutsuu (Rekka Daizantou), Hidden Shield, Tora (Tora Origami)
- Shinken Blue - Ryuu (Shinkenmaru - Mizu No Maki), Ryuu (Shinkenmaru - Suiryuu No Mai), Kajiki (Ozutsu Mode), Shishi + Ryuu + Kame + Kuma + Saru (Kajiki Gorindan), Hidden Shield, Kajiki (Kajiki Origami)
- Shinken Pink - Kyoutsuu (Heaven Fan), Kame (Heaven Fan), Hidden Shield
- Shinken Green - Hidden Shield, Kabuto (Kabuto Origami)
- Shinken Yellow - Kyoutsuu (Land Slicer), Saru (Land Slicer), Hidden Shield
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Decade episode 17, The Grandma Way of Taste.
- Key Title Kanji: 異 (Strange; this kanji is generally used in conjunction to terms regarding foreigners in Japanese, such as "ikoku" or "foreign country")
- Richard Brown states at one point "Let's Bushido!" out of context to a confused Ryunosuke; this line is actually part of the Shinkenger theme song.
Home video releases
- The first volume of the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Blu-Ray Box Set comes with the show's first 16 episodes, as well as the director's cut of the first two episodes, and was released on February 7th 2014 at a cost of 20,790 yen.