|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
A Ranger Catastrophe is a two part episode during season 3 of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. It marks the beginning of the story arc surrounding the departure of Kimberly Ann Hart from the team as well as the introduction of Katherine Hillard.
The 6th and 7th Zeo Serial Shorts aired before a later airing of both parts of the episode.
Rita corrupts and brainwashes a girl named Kat, whose family has just moved to Angel Grove, to serve her. She steals Kimberly's Power Coin, causing the Pink Ranger to be drained of her energy.
to be added
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin White Ranger)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Karan Ashley as Aisha Campbell (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger)
- Catherine Sutherland as Katherine "Kat" Hillard and Katastrophe (voice)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Sandi Sellner as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice)
- Kim Strauss as Ninjor (voice)
- Carla Perez as Rita Repulsa
- Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa (voice)
- Ed Neil as Lord Zedd
- Robert Axelrod as Lord Zedd (voice)
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice)
- Bob Papenbrook AS Rito Revolto (voice)
- Tony Oliver as Saba (voice)
- First appearance of Catherine Sutherland as Kat
- This episode marks the beginning of Kimberly's story arc that would culminate in her departure from the show.
- In Part I, when the Rangers "demorph" from their ninja form, Tommy steps back and onto Adam's foot.
- Part II features Saba's final speaking appearance in the show.
- Part II marks the final use of Kimberly's morphing sequence.
- Paul Schrier (Bulk) and Jason Narvy (Skull) only appear in Part II during the end credits (which shows a deleted scene from the episode where Bulk and Skull encounter Katastrophe).
- The "Today on Power Rangers" segment says that the Rangers would begin to understand that P.C. was no ordinary cat. However, the Rangers had no idea there was anything unusual about P.C. until Kat told them the truth in "A Different Shade of Pink, Part 2".
- In Part I Kimberly says that she's always wanted a pet, but had mentioned owning a poodle in Happy Birthday, Zack.
- Rito was again shown to be the same size as the Ape Ninjazord and Ninja Megazord.
- In Part II Billy and Adam walk to the former's lab instead of teleporting straight there from the Command Center.
- In Part II the Ninja MegaFalconzord is incorrectly called the 'Falcon Megazord'.
- Tommy refers to P.C. as "he".
- Tenga Bye Bye (Part 1)
- Ep. 30: Reunion With a Traitorous Father - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. See comparison page. (Zord battle against Rito Revolto)
- Ep. 31: Behold!! A New Shogun - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. See comparison page. (Zord battle against Rito Revolto)
- Ep. 40: The Heisei Fox Battle - Super Sentai counterpart in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. See comparison page. (Zord battle against Katastrophe)