|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
A Different Shade of Pink is a three-part episode in Season 3 of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. It marks the departure of Kimberly Ann Hart as the Pink Ranger, with the position being given to Katherine Hillard.
The 14th, 15th and 16th Zeo Serial Shorts aired before a later airing of each three parts.
Kimberly meets a famous gymnastics coach who offers to work with her. Rita plans to defeat the Power Rangers by attacking Angel Grove while Kimberly trains. The Rangers must battle Rita's monster without the Pink Ranger, and Kimberly is faced with a tough decision.
to be added
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin White Ranger)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Karan Ashley as Aisha Campbell (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger 1)
- Catherine Sutherland as Katherine "Kat" Hillard (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger 2)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- Gregg Bullock as Lt. Jerome Stone
- ??? as Gunthar Schmidt
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Sandi Sellner as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice)
- Kim Strauss as Ninjor (voice)
- Carla Perez as Rita Repulsa
- Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa (voice)
- Ed Neil as Lord Zedd
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice)
- Bob Papenbrook AS Rito Revolto (voice)
- Michael J. Sorich as Squatt (voice)
- Dave Mallow as Baboo (voice) (as Colin Phillips)
- Matt K. Miller as Garbage Mouth (voice)
- Tenga Bye Bye (Song in Parts 1 & 2 & Instrumental in Part 3)
- In Part I, Kimberly's Power Coin is present in her Morpher while she was morphed, despite the fact at that point it is still in the possession of Zedd and Rita. The fact she was able to morph without the Power Coin in the first place is incongruous with the setup of the Morpher concept.
- In Part II, when the doctor says "It's a good thing you were able to call for help right away."; if you look in the corner of the screen the doctor's mouth can be seen and it's not moving. The line was obviously dubbed in later.
- In Part II, the Tengas caught Kat but then teleported her a few feet away to give her to Garbagemouth instead of simply teleporting away with her.
- In Part II, the Rangers send Kat back into the hospital to wait with Kimberly as if that was offering her any extra protection.
- In Part III, when Kat remembers her failed dive she is wearing a blue one-piece swimsuit instead of the pink one she'd worn during what was meant to be the same flashback from Part I. Later, when diving for Tommy and Kimberly, the footage shown is the same from the earlier flashback.
- In Part III, Kimberly takes out her power coin from her communicator.
- For some reason Rita and Zedd never follow through on their plan to throw Ninjor into the Sea of Sorrow.
- This is Kimberly's final appearance as the Pink Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger, though she will appear in the aired-out-of-order "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger" and again in Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie.
- Part I marks the only time Kimberly morphs since losing her Power Coin, as well as the final time overall.
- Final use of the Shark Cycles including the only use of the pink one.
- Part II is the only episode of this three-parter to use Sentai footage.
- None of the Rangers appear morphed in Part III.
- The footage of Kat doing her dive is recycled for Turbo's "When Time Freezes Over" during a time-rewind montage.
- Part II marks the first time a hospital is shown on Power Rangers.
- Archive footage of Kimberly is used in "Master Vile and the Metallic Armor, Part 2", and in Power Rangers Zeo's "There's No Business Like Snow Business, Part 1".
- Part III is the last episode to have the Season 3 intro with Amy Jo Johnson.